INDI Library v1.8.9 Released (01 Mar 2021)

INDI monthly update. In addition to driver improvements, major code refactoring is in progress by @pawel-soja to modernize and improve INDI aging code.

New forum users, please go here first: indilib.org/forum/new-forum-users.html

Omegon Camera veTEC 533 C Color

• Thank you received: 1
Hello!

I've seen this camera Omegon Camera veTEC 533 C Color and as far as I can understand is the same as the ASI 533 (?).

Does anyone has any more info about this (used it)? Is it possible to be already compatible with Ekos (due to the same sensor - if that is correct of course) ?
3 months 2 weeks ago #64927

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

As far as I know, all Omegon cameras are supported in Ekos.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Euripides
3 months 2 weeks ago #64931

Thanks! Good to know that!
3 months 2 weeks ago #64932

Hello!

I actually tried to connect the exact camera mentioned here with Ekos (KStars Version 3.4.2) today and it didn’t work.
As required I used the toupcam driver but when I tried connecting it said

“No toupcam detected. Power on?”

Am I doing something wrong or is it possible that this model is not compatible with the current toupcam driver at all?
3 months 2 weeks ago #64964

Hi there!

I actually tried to connect this exact camera to my MacBook with Ekos (KStars Version 3.4.2) yesterday and it didn’t work. As required I used the toupcam driver but when I tried connecting it said:
“No toupcam detected. Power on?”

However when I tried to connect the camera with the touplite capture software from the ToupTek website, the camera connected just fine and worked perfectly.
Am I just doing something wrong or is it possible that the toupcam driver is outdated/ not compatible with this camera?
3 months 2 weeks ago #64968

Did you have any luck with the camera?

I am just a click away to order it.

As per the product description:
Compatibility: The Omegon Pro cameras are compatible with a wide range of available astrophotography programs through the common interfaces ASCOM and INDI. Native compatibility is also being added to a growing number of programs, like PHD2 and N.I.N.A.
2 months 2 weeks ago #66537

Well, the camera is great, but I still haven’t really been able to get it to work with INDI. After some help the camera does get recognised, but for example the program crashes when trying to platesolve or randomly during exposures. I’ve resolved this by using the ToupLite capture software which isn’t really ideal but gets the job done. (Where I live clear nights are super rare so I don’t really have the time to try and fix the issues with the driver).

The camera itself works perfectly, the cooling system is quick and effective, the subs look great even with short exposure times.

Hope this helps with your decision...
2 months 2 weeks ago #66548

Oh! This is really a drawback !

I use exclusive Raspberry Pi with Astroberry on the field at the moment.
2 months 2 weeks ago #66550

I wonder if anyone with the appropriate skills - this is not me for sure :-) - could understand if the Omegon Pro SDK is helpful to add, edit something into the build (?)
2 months 2 weeks ago #66551
Attachments:

FYI, I've just had a communication with astroshop.eu and they've informed me that :

The INDI driver for this camera is included in the regular INDI library. You should see the selection for ToupCam and/or Omegon Camera in Ekos when selecting a camera in the profile editor.
(ToupTek and Omegon Cameras are identical, they share the same driver: www.indilib.org/ccds/toupcam-cameras.html )

In addition to that, the same person informed me that he actually uses this camera with a Raspberry PI and Stellarmate with no issues.

So those are good news :-)
2 months 2 weeks ago #66554

Thats interesting. Maybe the driver issues are resolved or the issues im having are specific to my setup. Either way good luck with the camera.
2 months 2 weeks ago #66570

• Thank you received: 125

Euripides wrote: FYI, I've just had a communication with astroshop.eu and they've informed me that :

The INDI driver for this camera is included in the regular INDI library. You should see the selection for ToupCam and/or Omegon Camera in Ekos when selecting a camera in the profile editor.
(ToupTek and Omegon Cameras are identical, they share the same driver: www.indilib.org/ccds/toupcam-cameras.html )

In addition to that, the same person informed me that he actually uses this camera with a Raspberry PI and Stellarmate with no issues.

So those are good news :-)

FYI, the Altair Astro cameras are also identical to those too, and are just a rebrand, and use the same driver apart from a couple of changes....
Stellarmate OS on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro, on steel pier
Takahashi FSQ85, FS60cb & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar x2 Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub V2 for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on all scopes
2 months 2 weeks ago #66593

Time to create page: 0.648 seconds