INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Oregon Camera veTEC 533 C Color not connecting to Ekos

• Thank you received: 1
Hello!

So yesterday I tried to connect my new camera (Omegon veTEC 533 C Color) to my MacBook using Ekos (KStars Version 3.4.2), and it didn't work. Every time I tried to connect the cam I got the error message:
"No Toupcam detected. Power on?"
However when I used the ToupLite software from the Touptek website the camera connected without any problems and worked perfectly.
The driver I used was the Toupcam driver (which according to manufacturer is required for this camera).

Is it possible that I am doing something wrong or is the camera just not compatible with Ekos at all?
3 years 2 months ago #64969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You probably need a more recent version of KStars. IIRC, the latest Touptek SDK was included just a couple of weeks ago, so it's not even in KStars 3.5.0. But try with KStars 3.5.0 at least to see if it works there. If not, you'd have to wait for KStars 3.5.1
3 years 2 months ago #64971

Thank you for the reply.

I have now installed version 3.5.0

This version even has a driver named “Omegon Pro”.
However, when I try to connect the with the Omegon Pro or the Toupcam driver, I get the error message
“Driver indi_toupcam_ccd was not found on the system. Please make sure the package that provides the ‘indi_toupcam_ccd’ binary is installed.

So apparently with the new version the drivers aren’t installed anymore?
Can I install them separately?
3 years 2 months ago #64973

I can confirm the drivers are indeed missing in 3.5.0 for MacOS. You can compile from INDI 3rd party repo. But I asked Robert Lancaster to look into this issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Benjamin
3 years 2 months ago #64978

Thank you for the help. Hopefully I can get this to work soon.
3 years 2 months ago #64979

• Thank you received: 809
Hi there, so I spent a bunch of time today updating stuff for the Mac build and I put together a 3.5.1 beta DMG. It should have the Toupcam drivers in it. Please check it out.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.5.1-beta.dmg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Benjamin
3 years 2 months ago #65019

Just downloaded and tested it. Works perfectly. Thanks a thousand times!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 2 months ago #65026

Hello again

After 2 weeks of cloudy weather I finally got to test the camera with the new driver under clear skies last night.
Unfortunately, I’ve run into a new issue.

After slewing to a target, I tried to run the (Internal) plate solver with the Omegon Pro camera to accurately position my telescope.
The first solve worked perfectly fine, the telescope realized it was pointing to the wrong spot, issued a correction and captured another image. Right after that, the whole KStars program completely crashed. I tried the whole thing again 2 times, same result. I also tried selecting the Sync option in the plate solver and running multiple solves separately, again KStars crashed after capturing the second image.
I then also tried to plate solve with my ZWO Asi 120mc-s camera and it worked perfectly fine.

Could this be an issue with the driver, or am I doing something wrong?
3 years 2 months ago #65678

Run it in EkosDebugger and share the backtrace.
3 years 2 months ago #65750

Hi there

Unfortunately I can only reproduce the crash when under the night sky, and I don’t know when the weather will be clear again.

Either way, I’ve already come up with an alternative solution for the plate solving so everything should work out.
3 years 2 months ago #65932

Time to create page: 0.740 seconds