INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FLAT with canon help

• Thank you received: 0

FLAT with canon help was created by Andrea

Hello everyone. I'm finding a lot of ptoblems taking flats with my canon 60d.
On APT I set the canon to AV and APT found the correct time immediately. Here I do not understand the correct procedure for acquiring flats.
If imposed a ADU value of 6000 with a range of 1000, the exposure time remains 1 second in the exposure list and there is no button to acquire the flat and have the time calculated.
Please give me some clarification on this.
PS also understand if you can do it in RAW as well as FIT.
Thank you very much
3 years 2 months ago #65510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 160

Replied by Alfred on topic FLAT with canon help

Andrea,

have a look at this. Scroll down to "Exposure Modes". The driver can handle BULB and M mode, AV is not supported. The details depend on your camera model, whether it uses a separate B mode in the main dial or not. Hope this helps.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Alfred.
3 years 2 months ago #65535

Replied by Andrea on topic FLAT with canon help

Thank you so much for your answer, I had already taken a look at the page.
My question is more specific:
1 - I set the CANON 60d to M
2 - On the CCD page I select FLAT
3 - in the calibration imposed the desired ADU (I set a correct value for the linearity of the sensor)
4 - I expect that pressing OK ekos will start exposing to find the right time to satisfy my ADU

this doesn't happen so I don't understand how to proceed and I haven't found guides on it that explain well how to acquire flat.
Is it possible to have clarification on this? of course if I ignore the automatic calibration part, knowing that with my light whiteboard I have to expose for 0.77 seconds (given taken from canon histogram without EKOS) it works, but if I did not know the time how do I do it? or if I change the light source?
I ask once again for help at all! Thank you
3 years 2 months ago #65548

Replied by Andrea on topic FLAT with canon help

ok I realized that once you set the adu leaving 1 second as exposure you start the poses and before saving the first flat makes the calibration of the times to get to the UDA set!!!!! However,
this in FIT if I put NATIVE (for me cr2) says that it can not find UDA in a non-FIT image.
so in this case how do you do it?
3 years 2 months ago #65554

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds