INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

kstars crashes when downloading an image captured with DSLR

I've reverted libraw21, and going to rebuild everything back on libraw20
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christopher Miller
3 years 1 month ago #67078

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I've installed the update. Kstars is now loading again, but I'm right back to Ekos / kstars crashing every time I try to either loop frames or capture a preview in the Capture Module.

The last entry in the log files is either [ org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Starting framing..." or [ org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - Preparing capture job "/home/stellarmate/Pictures/Light" for execution.

I'll attach the log files for review.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-05-41.txt
File Size:775 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-03-35.txt
File Size:803 KB
Christopher Miller

WO GT71 / ZWO 183MC Pro / ZWO EAF / WO Uniguide 50mm / ZWO 290MM Mini / EQ6-R Pro
Meade 8" LX90 / ZWO 224MC / RigelSystems wifi-nFocus / ZWO OAG / ZWO 290MM Mini / Meade EQWedge
AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm Lens / Nikon Z6 / ZWO 30F4 MiniScope / ZWO 120mm Mini / Star Adventurer 2i
3 years 1 month ago #67091
Attachments:

I've been installing the nightly builds daily and re-testing each time. I'm still having the same issue of the program just crashing fully if I try to loop or capture a preview in the Capture Module. Looping & Preview work fine in the Focus module. Could this be an issue with the FITS viewer? It doesn't get invoked in Focus - the image appears in the built-in window. The error logs don't appear to provide any reason for the crash that I can see - but hopefully smarter minds will see the problem. At this point it has me unable to effectively use StellarMate with my Nikon Z6 setup. Any help toward resolution would be appreciated!

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_nikon....log.txt
File Size:16 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_08-37-10.txt
File Size:463 KB
Christopher Miller

WO GT71 / ZWO 183MC Pro / ZWO EAF / WO Uniguide 50mm / ZWO 290MM Mini / EQ6-R Pro
Meade 8" LX90 / ZWO 224MC / RigelSystems wifi-nFocus / ZWO OAG / ZWO 290MM Mini / Meade EQWedge
AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm Lens / Nikon Z6 / ZWO 30F4 MiniScope / ZWO 120mm Mini / Star Adventurer 2i
3 years 1 month ago #67555
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 69
Hi,
Just checked my Z7 again. It still works when I ask for a FITS preview.
This is with FITS using Auto Stretch, Auto Debayer, Auto WCS and Auto Compute HFR.
I have 4G RAM and 2 G ZRAM.
Although I just tried it a 2nd time and had KStars crash (while I am compiling KStars from source at the same time). I'm pretty certain it just ran out of RAM. This compile is using -J2. With -J3 the compiler will eventually abort with what I believe are memory issues, even if KStars isn't running.
I noticed I don't get a nikon specific log file matching what you provided. I have Ekos INDI, Capture and the CCD driver logs enabled.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christopher Miller
3 years 1 month ago #67560

I still cannot reproduce such crashes. Please submit a ticket to StellarMate and prepare Teamviewer access.
3 years 1 month ago #67561

I have TeamViewer access installed already.

Ticket Created: RPXS-001124
Christopher Miller

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Christopher Miller.
3 years 1 month ago #67562

• Thank you received: 3
I tried my Z6 some time back and the only issue I had was with the ISO setting not working.

I've just prep'ed a SD card to set up a 3B+ to try on the Z6 (my RPI4 is on my main scope). I'm interested in using the focus directly on the Z6 from Stellarmate, if this works I'll be quite happy!
3 years 1 month ago #67685

By "focus" you mean camera live view or something else?
3 years 1 month ago #67687

I mean controlling the in camera focus using SM. I've just tried it and it seems to work, though that wasn't pointed at stars it was just in the house.
I'll look to give it a go later this week if the clouds head off :)

Will make a nice addition to the main scope running a wide field off SLR mounted to the scope so whilst I wont get dithering on the Z6 if the scope if guiding, it should be stable for a long exposure elsewhere in the sky at a shorter focal length I think?

I was surprised at the long download speed, quite a few seconds to get the image from the camera, but that could be a combo of USB2 and a PI3B+ rather than my usual Pi4 USB3 on the main scope camera.

Quite looking forward to trying this out!
3 years 1 month ago #67696

Hmmm I have managed to get both Ekos and Kstars to crash today whilst playing.

I was exploring the ISO settings, last time I tried these with a stable Stellarmate it had no effect. I did this through the capture module. Happy to report in ISO now seems to work on the Beta I am running.

Focus also works, using the live preview I was able to focus the lens in and out - not tried a star yet, that's tonights test but works with the row of trees in the garden.

However if I try and set say 2 exposures in a sequence, it crashes Ekos/Kstars

it seems to be crashing when it tries to save the file after downloading it.

I turned on debugging (File, verbose etc) but I am struggling with the Ekos Debugger hopefully I've done this right! :)
indilib

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars2.txt
File Size:545 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: indi.txt
File Size:2 KB

Debug Log:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by jiberjaber. Reason: added debug log
3 years 1 month ago #67826
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.699 seconds