INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Canon 6D and indi_gphoto_ccd, errors

• Thank you received: 32
Hi,
Unfortunately it doesn't help much.. It might be something related to the "bulb" widget name (lower/camel case mismatch), but a quick look to the indi driver code didn't get me anywhere.. apparently it's correctly using the bulb widget id, not the name itself.
I'll work on it very soon, I hope I'll have news for you soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
8 years 3 months ago #6693
The topic has been locked.
No worries, would be great if you can sort of show me what you do to the code, I'm learning a lot about it already which is nice. I also thought about either a name or perhaps port mismatch, it clearly still is able to switch to bulb as seen in BYEOS so it must be something like that.

Ok, I went a bit further and printed the choices it had from the camera in the parse shutterspeed routine (couldn't do it with gp_dprintf, but could with fprintf. Now I get the choice "25" and "30", which correspond to the exposure seconds. No choice for bulb apparently. I also set the code to display the max number of choices and then I see it goes through all shutterspeeds from 30 seconds to 1/4000.

I also found out it goes to the if statement where it says find widget "shutterspeed", "shutterspeed2", "eos-shutterspeed". Not sure of that would ring any bells. ;)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Vincent Groenewold.
8 years 3 months ago #6694
Please let me know if you need any specific test output from my machine, I know the code well enough now to be able to get it.
In the mean time I managed to get Ubuntu Mate working properly on my Pi and am getting auto-updates to all the latest Indi drivers.. same problem though.
8 years 3 months ago #6737
I am impatient I know.. :) I just am sitting staring at the code with nothing that springs to my mind, if I'm missing too many nights I'll have to jump ship to alternatives, which I don't know about yet. I like INDI way too much to want to do that. :(
8 years 3 months ago #6767
I can investigate this further tomorrow, send me your TeamViewer info on email or via private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
8 years 3 months ago #6768
What time (GMT) do you want access? I have to see if I can make it tomorrow. But thanks for helping out, I'll have the Linux environment started up, as well as remote desktop to my Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu mate.
8 years 3 months ago #6769
Anytime 12:00-16:00 UTC is OK. I need access to your desktop first, then if it _works_ there, we'll go RPi.
8 years 3 months ago #6774
Superb, I send you some details via PM but not sure you got those? I'll send them again tomorrow as they'll be different then. You'll have access to my desktop and RPI simultaneously as the pi is in a virtual window on it. Thanks again for your time, greatly appreciated!
8 years 3 months ago #6775
So I contacted the people on the gphoto list, waiting for a reply. I however did suddenly notice something that seems to work for gphoto. I set the camera to BULB manually and then give this command:
gphoto2 --wait-event=2s --set-config eosremoterelease=5 --wait-event=50s --set-config eosremoterelease=4 --wait-event-and-download=5s

This worked, also in EKOS! This is really strange as this, in the past, never worked. I had to put the camera to manual mode. Bulb mode on the camera itself failed as it always snapped a photo of about 1/2000. This is getting a bit illogical. Now still have to test it on the Pi.

Aaand that now works as well, I'm totally flabbergasted. Doesn't matter though, if at least it stays like this.
8 years 3 months ago #6777
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds