INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Fujifil XT-3 & 4 DeBayern Filter -FITS

• Timothy
  • Timothy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hi, folks, here is Timo a newbie :)
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear all,

Any plan to integrate a "De-Bayern" filter/pattern of the X-Trans sensor of the FUJI XT3 or XT4 cameras?

Something possible ?

If not we as Fuji user we have to use RAW instead of FITS for Imaging.
It is not possible to convert the FITS file into a Color image, or at least Im not able.

Or someone have a cloue how to do that ? I tried in PixInsight, i doesnt support the Fuji "X-Trans Pattern"...

So If I click on Debayer in Ekos-Indi Option, I get the error wronf format "GGGG" so I removed the ticj in the box to do not De-bayern...
But the image saved in FITS is actually BW (somehow the color is saved wrongly, I suppose) and no possible to use in color using PI, DSS or any other software.

I can live with the native format, but If I want to use Plate Solve I shall all the time change the setting in indi ? right ? or for solving it is not required ?

Thanks for any feedback.
SW EQ3 Pro Synscan Goto (Modified)
Tecnosky 60/360 F/6
Fuji XT-4
QHYCCD 5II
QHYPolemaster
135mm Samyang
12mm Samyang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Member of Freunde der Schulastronomie e.V.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Timothy.
3 years 2 months ago #66508

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all & everyone,

First post, yey... :)

I have the same issue. We are using Kstars on Windows and an Raspi with the Kstars/ekos system.
We are currently testing the hardware how it works and just fiddling into all the stuff.
Currently we are testing it with a Fuji X-T3. After finally fiddling out how the Camera can be switched to Tethering mode. After that it was possible to not just connect to the camera but also make a preview picture. But then a error came up. Sorry, that I don´t have the exact phrase at the moment but it was like "GGGG - wrong bayernpattern". I have read in another Thread that the raspberry is not yet able to handl X-Trans Chips.

www.indilib.org/forum/general/4086-using...ith-indi-gphoto.html

After the Error-Prompt wer get a preview, but it is only a gray horizontal line.

We are interested in the problem too.

greetings
Felix and the rest of the Club!
3 years 2 months ago #66547

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all & everyone!

First post yey :)!!!

We currently have the same problem. In terms of upgrading our observatory, we are just started to deal with all the Kstars/ekos/indi stuff.
The hardware for the tests, are for example, an Fuji X-T3, a raspberry pi (astroberry) and a laptop with MS Win and Kstars.
After fiddling out that the X-T3 has to be set to USB-Tethering in its menue we can take preview images via ekos.
But before the preview is prompted, we get the Error that it is the wrong bayern pattern "GGGG". Is there a troubleshooting for it? I will try to change the FITS option to RAW, like you did timopro.

greetings

Felix and the members of the Freunde der Schulastronomie e.V.
3 years 2 months ago #66549

• Timothy
  • Timothy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hi, folks, here is Timo a newbie :)
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all,

At the Moment I use the Native Setting in indi, so I save the .raf file from the camera remotly or Locally.

If you remove the de-bayern option in indi -> FITS the mesage that the filter patern "GGGG" is wrong, it disapear, but than you have the FITS files which cannot be used...

SO I suggest at the moment to use the native file setting in indi &/or in EKOS in capture mode...

Hopefully in future will be added something to filter the X-Trans to be used later from the FITS files...
but for now that's it..

If someone else have something better to do, pleae go haed ... :)
SW EQ3 Pro Synscan Goto (Modified)
Tecnosky 60/360 F/6
Fuji XT-4
QHYCCD 5II
QHYPolemaster
135mm Samyang
12mm Samyang
3 years 2 months ago #66555

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds