INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon DSLR Recording Video Capture Module

• Thank you received: 1
Hello, I am completely new so bear with me. I am running Kstars and Ekos on my PC through the Stellarmate Plus. I am connected via Ethernet through my network to the stellarmate. I can not get my capture module to actually record video in the live stream. The live feed loads fine and I can see the video, but it will not record. I get an error saying no read write permissions. I am the administrator account on my PC. I have tried starting the program in Run as Administrator. That doesn't help. I can log into the stellarmate plus box via VNC and it will write perfectly fine to the unit, but I want to be able to write to my PC like I do for my images I take. All of my images via Fitts or Native write just fine to my PC. What am I am doing wrong and where can I change the permissions. thank you.
3 years 1 month ago #66943

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All video recordings are actually done on SM+, because it would too slow to do real-time recording while transferring the stream over to your PC. Therefore, you can record on SM+ and then later access from Windows file manager shares.
3 years 1 month ago #66952

• Thank you received: 1
Thank you. I made a network path to the stellarmate unit to get to the video files to copy to my PC so i dont have to go remove the sd card each time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 1 month ago #66953

Time to create page: 1.037 seconds