INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI2600MM Pro support

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

I just got delivery of this camera and being so new it's not yet supported by INDI. The color version, which I also have, works without issues. I was wondering what it takes to add support for this camera and if it is planned for the near future. I can offer testing with a real camera is there is a nightly that should work with this new mono camera.

Thanks
3 years 2 months ago #67223

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 168
It is totally dependent on whether the ASI SDK supports it or not. The nightly builds use the newest SDK available so if that doesn't work, then we need a new one, but I'd assume ZWO would have added that a while ago already. You can check the SDK version your driver uses from the Info tab of the driver panel, it should show 1.16.3 for the current version.
3 years 2 months ago #67269

• Thank you received: 133
Yes, 1.16.3 should support it. At least a "strings libASICamera2.bin|grep 2600MM" has lots of matches.
I don't have my 2600MM yet, so I cannot test :(
3 years 2 months ago #67283

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

This is totally my bad. I was testing on an older version of KStars (3.4.3) and that was causing errors. My imaging rig (Raspberry Pi 4) has KStars version 3.5.0 with SDK 1.16.0 and I can confirm that the camera connects and at least takes dark frames. Building my dark library now....

Thank you
3 years 2 months ago #67286

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds