INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI 224MC - Can only get white image during the day or dark during the night

• Thank you received: 0
Hi there,

I have a ZWO ASI 224MC connected to my Raspberry Pi 4. I am running the latest version of Astroberry. Via Kstars I have the camera connected via USB 3.0. When I go into ekos to capture an image/video, all I seem to get is a white image if its during the day, or very dark if its during the night. Iv tried altering the gain and lowering the exposure settings but that doesnt seem to help. Iv also tried switching to 8bit instead of 16bit.

I know the camera works as if I open oacapture and select the camera, I get an image previewed if I set it to auto for gain and exposure. I have only tried this during the day though.

id really like to be able to use the camera in Kstars so I was wondering if anyone can share or recommend a configuration for the camera.
3 years 1 month ago #67645

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Do you run oacapture on the Raspberry Pi as well?
3 years 1 month ago #67654

Sorry yes this is all on the Raspberry Pi.
3 years 1 month ago #67656

• Thank you received: 420
Can you enable debug logging in Ekos and post the logs here? Click on Individuals -> Error Reporting at the top of the forum to see how to do that if you don't know.
3 years 1 month ago #67658

Apologies for the delayed reply. I enabled debugging and see nothing really outputted that looks alarming. I think where I am struggling is knowing what gain, wb_r and wb_b setting to use for the camera. The default just result in a white image, during the day, or completely back, at night. I did try setting these to auto but that didnt look to improve anything.
3 years 1 month ago #67809

So over the weekend I had some success with getting an image and managing to focus the camera. For anyone who stumbles in this, I used the following settings in ekos:

Gain: 135
Offset: 1
Camera exposure: 6 seconds

I set the images to loop and the managed to see some orbs, from there allowed me to adjust the focus and finally I saw some stars.

I stopped using the stream option as I could never get it to work.
3 years 3 weeks ago #67915

Time to create page: 0.995 seconds