INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Exposure can be started while streaming video and vice versa

• Thank you received: 23
Hi Jasem,

While trying to solve some problems related to guiding with PHD2 using a video stream from my ASI120mini,
I noticed that it is possible to start an exposure while the camera is in streaming mode and vice versa.
This is easily fixed in the ASI driver. However, it could be that this problem occurs with any similar camera.
Is there a way to prevent this problem in a more generic way? It would for exampe be nice of the exposure
control is disabled during streaming and the streaming controls while an exposure is being taken.

Regards,
Camiel
3 years 1 month ago #68131

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's possible to capture while streaming exactly where? in Ekos?
3 years 1 month ago #68162

• Thank you received: 23
When I start the streaming in PHD2, I can start an exposure from Ekos, the Indi Control Panel from kstars as well as from PHD2.
The result of this is an error mesage about error 14 in ASIStartExposure. It also stops the streaming of the video.

What I am actually trying to figure out is why this error occurs while I am not intentionally starting an exposure when both ekos and
PHD2 are running. I have modiified my local copy of the ASI driver such that ASIStartExposure/ASIStopExposure are not called
while the camera is in streaming mode. Hopefully, this prevents the problem from occuring spontaneously during guiding. Still have
to test that.
3 years 1 month ago #68183

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds