INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

asi_ccd driver troubles

1.2.0 for pi should be available in a few hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick
8 years 3 months ago #6394
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic asi_ccd driver troubles

So I will wait.
But will it be available for a common PC too ?
Hope it will work on odroid devices too.
8 years 3 months ago #6396

Can someone tell me how to update to Libindi1.2 ?
I guess that it is by reinstalling kstars-bleeding. So I do it. And I get the same result with asi driver on laptop that crash and enter in an infinite loop of restart.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Patrick.
8 years 3 months ago #6404
Whenever you have teamviewer installed, send me an email and we'll take it from there.
8 years 3 months ago #6406

Mmm would be possible to send you an email but I don't know where to send it. Would be useful to have a private messages available on this forum.
Maybe it exists but I cna't find it :(
8 years 3 months ago #6407
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I carefully read through this thread, but I don't see an issue like my ZWO ASI120MM capture problem.
I recently installed KStars (v 2.5.0), Indi (v 1.2.0) and indi-asicam-bleeding support in Fedora 23 Linux (as referenced on the indilib.org site).

Everything seems to work fine, I can connect the ASI120MM, it replies the camera is ready, but when I start any kind of imaging sequence, it remains stuck with message 'capturing image' forever. I can only abort, it never writes an image file.

any hint would be much appreciated, as I don't have a clue for now what to try next.

Tom
8 years 3 months ago #6420
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Talder,
Did you try unchecking the auto Bandwidth box in the last tab of the INDI control window?
Stefan
8 years 3 months ago #6421
  • Thank you received: 0
Just tried it, disconnected and reconnected a couple of times, even restarted kstars and ekos, but it makes no difference.
Still 'capturing image' forever.
In guide mode I see the exposure countdown and keep looping, but I never get to see a capture result.

Thanks for the reply,

Tom.
8 years 3 months ago #6423

Hi Talder,
I had similar behaviour with my setup.
After a helpful intervention of Jasem I succeed compiling the source drivers that I downloaded with svn.
I get the similar behaviour when I tried to get and image with a loop on the countdown from 1 to 0 and the download message permanently displayed.
I removed all, drivers and libindi. Make a compilation of libindi and all the drivers I need and install all.
The problem disappeared.
Maybe it exists a compatibility issue in your setup.
8 years 3 months ago #6424
Patdut,
Could you explain how you resolved the issue at this stage (message #6382 ? I try to build all components as explained by Jasem but run in the same problem as you explained in the previous post.

For my RPi2 running Ubuntu-MATE 15:10 I will also need the indilib 1.2.0 and have no idea how to obtain it.
Thanks in advance,

Stefan
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Stefan Nonneman. Reason: Add link
8 years 3 months ago #6438

Hello Stefan,

Jasem made following operations:
sudo apt-get install libindi-dev
sudo apt-get install libindi1
sudo apt-get install indi-bin
and deleted remaining old installs that let lot of files under /usr/loca/bin /usr/local/lib /usr/local/etc /usr/local/include (probabely the main problem)
recompile libindi and after the drivers.
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/3rdparty/indi-asicam/ (or another driver)

It worked for me after cleaning, recompiling libindi and all the drivers I need.

Patrick
8 years 3 months ago #6459
Patrick,
Thanks a lot for the input.
After carefully installing step by step, I made some progress this afternoon.
Before I read your last post, I discovered that kstars was eating a lot of memory and that there was no swap space available.
Until that moment (and just before trying to switch on the verbose flag under the EKOS advanced options) I did not managed to obtain a normal INDIserver behavior when starting and stopping.
Unluckily after changing both (adding swap space and setiing the verbose mode sending info to a file) all of a sudden the problem unblocked and the indiserver started with the usual window control panel.

At that moment I saw your information and executed the commands and now I am fighting to add the ASICAM driver.
I continue working but think that now it will go fast.
In any case thanks a lot for the info.
Stefan
8 years 3 months ago #6463
Time to create page: 0.849 seconds