INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI usb3 camera retries 3 times on exposure and fails - git builds

• Thank you received: 69
I can't add useful information to this discussion except to note that issuing
sudo sh -c 'echo 256 > /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb'
fixes my connection problems with running the source code Build: 2021-03-19T15:18:51Z  for both my
ZWO ASI224MC guide camera and
Nikon Z7    (8256 x 5504) => 90.9 Mb fits files
the default usbfs_memory_mb on my ubuntu 20.0.4 was 16  (as noted elsewhere)
The stable version works for me (as one might expect).
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 6 days ago #69020

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

There are other users who still have problems with getting their ZWO-EAF recognized in the Indi Control Panel. 
Jasem, would increasing the usbfs_memory_mb be expected to solve that as well? 
As I wrote elsewhere, I had issues with getting my ZWO-EFW recognized by Indi, but that was fixed after I increased the memory to 256 and reinstalled the drivers.  However, that does not seem to work for Brian (starman365). 
Any suggestions for him?

Jo
3 years 6 days ago #69021

• Thank you received: 2
sudo sh -c 'echo 256 > /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb' solved it for me as well.

Another strong thing is the line:
2021-03-21T18:27:30: [ERROR] Failed to activate cooler.

Nevertheless, cooling and temperature regulation works on my ASI 1600.

EFW filter weel is detected and connected o.k.
3 years 6 days ago #69025

I've added back the rule now but it's generic for all USB devices and check if usbfs < 256 then sets it to 256. It's in GIT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
3 years 6 days ago #69049

• Thank you received: 10
@knro

Jasem, the rule  you´ve added does not work on my system (Tumbleweed):
edgar@Edgar-Desktop:~> cat /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb 16

Looks like cat /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb has to be set into "back apostrophes" (don´t know theright word in english :)

This is working for me:
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'test -f /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb && test `cat /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb` -lt 256 && echo 256 > /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb'"
2 years 11 months ago #69441

• Thank you received: 109
I did not have time to look into this until tonight, as my skies have been rotten and other things are taking some time anyway.

The change included the script, but it was just missing the execution of the `cat` statement.

Seescho, those are called "grave accents" in English, the back single quote. Using grave accents is the older, non-POSIX  way of execution in a shell, so we should probably change that to the $() POSIX way. The grave accents would have the same effect, but
in the future may not be as compatible with new shells.

<code>ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'test -f /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb && test $(cat /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb) -lt 256 && echo 256 > /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb'"</code>

I just put a PR up for the change.

Jim

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Jim.
2 years 11 months ago #69454

2 years 11 months ago #69604

• Thank you received: 182
Jim, if you have a chance, please look also into this problem: 

indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/9089-indi-c....html?start=24#69568

The issue with the ZWO-EFW is still ongoing, although I was able to fix that for my own installation.  However, Brian still has no joy getting his ZWO-EAF connected.

These problems arose at the same time as the image buffer issue in middle of last month, so the cause is likely related to the changes that were made at the time.

Merci

Jo
2 years 11 months ago #69607

• Thank you received: 109
The current git build of indi-asi and libasi crash and dump core on the INDI server, and also cause kstars to crash and dump core on the client at the same time! I'd stay away from it for now. I sent Jasem some information to look at.

Jo, I don't have an EAF, but after reverting to the build of indi-asi from March 19, my ASI1600 MM Pro, ASI290 Mini, and ASI-EFW 8 are all working again.

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
2 years 11 months ago #69614

No crash with current build and ASI120mc-s. So I changed to ASI1600mm-pro: crash.
I went back in the git history. The first time, the crash comes in, is this commit:
Maybe someone of you can have a closer look into this.
Edgar
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Edgar Scholz. Reason: formatting
2 years 11 months ago #69664

• Thank you received: 133
Is there any news on this?  I just tried to connect my camera (ASI183MC) locally to the laptop, and trying to take an image crashes the indi driver.  Streaming works on the first try (I can even select sub-fields etc), but a restart (also from within the stream window to change exposure) will crash it....
This is with libindi-1.9.0-92_gbd9110b4.  No issues with the previous one I had installed (libindi-1.9.0-21_gd9a5e309 as of March 11)

2 years 11 months ago #69877

I compiled from git just an hour before. The problem is not solved: ASI1600mm-pro crash the asi-cam-driver and kstars as well.

I played a bit with this stuff

The crash comes in with the new ASI-Cam-SDK 1.17.  "libASICamera2.so.1.17" is a shared library and dynamically loaded. I told my system to load the old SDK instead ( "libASICamera2.so.1.16.3" ). Result: No more crash. All is working well. So going back to SDK 1.16.3 should fix the problem

Edgar
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Edgar Scholz.
2 years 11 months ago #69883

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds