INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

RisingCam IMX571 comes to me and the problems comes too

• Thank you received: 41
I do not have this camera but I have another rebrand of ToupTek (Omegon 533) that uses the same driver.

The "temp alert" message is visible to me too but my cooling works great.

Lately I was troubleshooting my camera with my seller's service department and I found that if I load camera's drivers to NINA (yeah I know...) the default values are Gain 309, Offset 192 for Unity Gain. Maybe it's a hint you can use too to find out about your model.
1 year 11 months ago #82560

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
I received my RisingCam IMX571C camera a few days ago. I have not seen the temperature alert (despite setting it to 0c). For gain, the consensus over on CN is to always use gain 100, with LCG for normal or HCG for a duoband filter. Any other gain setting reduces dynamic range with not enough reduction in read noise to make it worthwhile.

My problem, however, is random crashes. My first two sessions both experienced a crash of KStars. I have found a post on how to add the EkosDebugger Tool to Astroberry, but I just found it a minute ago so will not be able to do that tonight - debug info will have to wait for another night. The regular log has nothing interesting looking right before the moment of the crash, just normal guiding info. I used the internal guider one night and PHD2 the other, and PHD2 continued guiding after KStars crashed, so guiding is unlikely to be the culprit.

If anyone has suggestions for any other specific logging to enable, I would appreciate that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matteo
1 year 8 months ago #84590

• Thank you received: 2
Try to disable FitsViewer. I had the problem with memoty allocation with qhy600. If it does not help try to change usb3 cable and check power supply for ARM it should be not less than 3-4Amp. I also heard that there may be a problem with soldering the usb socket on the camera, the craftsmen soldered it again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron DeBry
1 year 8 months ago #84599

No crash last night. Unfortunately I had made no changes to the system, so I can't point at some change and pat myself on the back.
In between night 1 (had a crash) and night 2 (also had a crash) I did change the usb cable and move the camera to a separate 5A 12v power supply. But I did have a crash in that configuration.

It would be a shame to lose fitsviewer (it is reassuring to see at least a low-res version of each incoming sub), but I guess it's better than the program crashing :) I have on the way an N5095/8Gb mini-PC that I caught on a short Amazon sale for $120, which I was planning to switch to from the RPi anyway. Hopefully that will address any resource limitations (without just moving to Windows/NINA).
1 year 8 months ago #84604

• Thank you received: 2
By disabling fitsviewer you are able to see fits in the first tab of kstars panel with the same futures as in fitsviewer.
1 year 8 months ago #84605

Thanks. I will give that a try the next time it clears up.
1 year 8 months ago #84630

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds