INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry/RPi4 with an Altair 26C

• Thank you received: 1
Hello all,
I'm currently running Astroberry on a RPi4 - Star Adventurer 2i / Redcat51 / Sony A7iii / ZWO120MM - guiding through PHD2 and capturing via KStars / EKOS. I'm looking at getting a dedicated camera and specifically the Altair 26C. Looking through the support for the INDI library I see that the Altair cameras are all supported but that there maybe an issue using the RPi4 with the USB transfer speed(?). I see that the 26C has 512Mb of DDR so Is this something that I should be too concerned about? Interested to get some opinions before pulling the trigger!
Thanks in advance..
2 years 11 months ago #69845

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Hi. I use astroberry with a RPI4. I use the altair GPCAM3 178M as a guiding camera and I use the altair hypercam 269c for imaging. I've had no issues with the 269c for imaging, although I do have a recurring "exposure timeout" with the 178M which gets in the way occasionally. This i believe is due to a USB bandwidth issue which is mentioned on the indi altair page. The problem is mostly fixed by binning my guidecam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JIm Frost
2 years 11 months ago #69850

• Thank you received: 1
Many thanks Dave,
Good to know that you have it working OK.
I was in touch with Altair and they had also mentioned that the RPi4 might not have enough processing power / USB power to run the 26C reliably. At present I have an M.2 Argon case (250GB M.2 SSD) connected to the guide camera and Sony A7iii directly and then wifi-d out to a MacBook via astroberry.local. All images are stored only on the Sony SD card at present.
I didn't want to get the camera and then find the RPi4 wasn't up to the job, especially the image storage.
2 years 11 months ago #69851

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds