INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Create sequences when NOT connected to camera

• Thank you received: 33
I am trying to prepare sequences in advance and add them to scheduler.
Is there a way to create sequences for my camera without connecting to it? The only way I can see at the moment is if I run the simulators and then create the sequence and save it. But in the sequence file it shows the camera as CCD simulator. So not sure what will happen when I use this in an actual session!

Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 3 years 6 days ago by AstroMuni.
3 years 6 days ago #70006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
My trick: connect to the camera once and generate a serie of individual sequence files. For example, right now I have: 1h_120x30, 1h_60x60, 1h_30x120, 1h_20x180, 1h_15x240, 1h_12x300. I've also generated the 2h versions. On each of this sequence I've entered the gain, offset and desired temperature. I don't put any target on this sequences. I've stored all this seq files on the folder /home/Astroberry/Current and have used exactly this path as the destination folder to store the images.

Then I compose them with the desired targets on Scheduler module. I've been using this approach on the last month with great success (well, if you don't count for the clouds, obviously). Now, I can compose all my sessions offline, while I'm planning for the night to arrive.

And no, I don't have a remote (or local) observatory. My equipment is a 85/600 refractor on an EQ5 mount with OnStep driver all controlled by a raspberry pi running Astroberry . I put it outside, run polar alignment assistant, perform a guider calibration and once all is done, I start the scheduler to run the observing session.

Another trick: all this files are simple text files with XML format. It's really easy to edit any of them with a text editor to generate a similar (but different one). For example, the 2h_xxxx files where genrated from the 1h_ ones :)
Last edit: 3 years 6 days ago by Rafa Barberá.
3 years 6 days ago #70008

• Thank you received: 33
Good idea. I was hoping the developers and advanced users would have found a more comprehensive solution for this. I guess this is an issue only for folk like us who have to setup equipment from scratch for each session. :-)
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
3 years 5 days ago #70037

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds