INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help with USB Bulb cable - First baby steps

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everybody

As per the title, I'm completely new with INDI. I just bought StellarmateOS few days ago and I'm slowly trying to upgrade my setup to work with stellarmate. I'm relatively good with IT, but communication protocols/drivers/etc have always been quite mysterious to me. 

Anyway... at the moment my setup is as minimal as it can be. I have stellarmate installed on a RaspberryPi, with mouse, keyboard and screen connected directly to the Rasp (atm I'm not using the App, even if I plan to do so in the future). Then I have my Nikon D5100 connected both via USB and my DIY bulb cable to SM .

The bulb cable consists in a dcttech usbrelay2 relay board connected via USB to the Rasp and using the original bulb cable (cut to expose the wires and connect them to the board) to the camera. Using the "program" provided by the developer, I could make it work flawlessly from my windows PC.  

However, when I connect the board to SM, I cannot understand to which port the board is connected. I tried /dev/ttyUSB0 as well as ttyUSB1, ttyUSB2, etc... no one works.

How can I find the correct syntax that I need to input into the "Shutter release port" field?

I start EKOS and I can see the camera showing up in the INDI Control Panel. 
3 years 16 hours ago #70182

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I'm running Astroberry  with a home made shutter release.

I can open the terminal window on the Pi and enter the following command

dmesg | grep USB | tail -1

This returns the last line from the system log that contains USB.  For me it returns

FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

run it before and after plugging in your shutter release so you ensure the device will be the last USB device in the log.

Mike

2 years 11 months ago #70444

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds