INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CCD Cameras not recognized by Ekos after upgrade to 3.5.3 stable

• Thank you received: 17
Thanks,
I had an indication from Jasem that the PPA had resolved the issue (a day or so ago). When I use the ppa and install Kstars-bleeding I ended up with Kstars 3.5.4 Beta and my SX CCD still did not show up in the Indi Control Panel. So I was trying to find a way to get to 3.5.3 stable. I found this info on one of the download pages:

"If you would like to stop using Nightly PPA builds and instead return to using stable PPA builds then run the following commands:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly "

So I did that and I ended up with Kstars 3.5.3 Stable, but my SX CCD is still not connecting. However now I get a message from Indi(?) that the SX CCD is not connecting and I should check if it is connected and powered up. It is connected, it shows up in lsusb as the Starlight Express Lodestar and it runs fine in PHD2.

I seem to be making progress as at least now I get a warning about the SX CCD but I don't know how else to debug the connection to Kstars/EKOS

If I go to the Device Manager in Kstars and select the SX CCD and hit Run Service it says:
"Driver Indi_sx_ccd pid=2074 rfd=4 wfd=11 efd=12
Client 5: new arrival from 127.0.0.1:46726 - welcome!"

so somewhere it seems to be recognized, but not in Ekos?
the log does not tell me much more than it is not connecting.

Having run the ppa:purge above will I now only get 'stable' versions of Kstars rather than nightly builds? Yet installing kstars-bleeding seems to imply that you will get the latest (nightly) build. I have not tried it but can you just run:
sudo apt-get install kstars (instead of kstars bleeding)

Not sure any of this has to do with the SX CCD issue. It does seem that this update of release of 3.5.3 stable has a lot fewer issues than a few days ago. I am just trying to let the developers know that there are still some issues.

thanks,
2 years 11 months ago #70761
The topic has been locked.
I am installing all the dependencies to build now. But still unsure of how to build the 3rd party drivers for SX CCD. I will have to look on the git page when I get to that point.
2 years 11 months ago #70763
I have a CMAKE error 285 of "could not find INDI include directory"
looking at the log now, it does not help much.
2 years 11 months ago #70765
It seems I may need to build indi-core first, but I get errors when I try to build that also.

yet on a command line if I run indiserver indi_sx_ccd it says startup: indiserver indi_sx_ccd so something is working. It is just that EKos is not recognizing it somehow at it still shows it is not connected.

tried enough for tonight.
2 years 11 months ago #70766
  • Thank you received: 2
For what it is worth, I have same problem with indi_sx-ccd (lodestar) and indi_asi_focuser (zwo eaf)

ubuntu apt-get versions.

I did an upgrade on ubuntu 18, then a dist upgrade to ubuntu 20. Then they stopped working.

Lsusb shows up both devices, kstars/ekos says they need plugging in. Connects ok from command line indisefver.

Can't see much in logs. Other than the devices are not connected.

Amd based laptop.
2 years 11 months ago #70773
Also upgraded ram 4 to 8gb, just in case but no better.
2 years 11 months ago #70774
I also tried remove purge clean etc but still no joy.
2 years 11 months ago #70775
Just for info.
Still not working.
Ubuntu apt-get upgrage pulled in:
Setting up libindi-data (1.9.0~202104281314~ubuntu20.04.1) ...
Setting up indi-bin (1.9.0~202104281314~ubuntu20.04.1) ...
Setting up libindi1:amd64 (1.9.0~202104281314~ubuntu20.04.1) ...

But still have problem.

I think I will try and remove/install them again, see what happens.
2 years 11 months ago #70784
  • Thank you received: 72
Same problem here!
After the newest update this afternoon to INIDILIB 1.9.0 (together with KSTARS 3.5.3 stable) our SX-Cameras do not connect anymore. On the same machine all was working well with INDILIB 1.8.9 a couple of minutes before. What makes the whole story really bad, is that also the telescope driver (AOK Skywalker) cannot connect to the mount controller anymore!! I counterchecked the controller with SkySafari on the IPad and all was working!
INDILIB 1.9.0 (until now) results to be too buggy .

Edit: Source compiled INDILIB 1.9.1 works again!! What a relief .
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Toni Schriber.
2 years 11 months ago #70795
Time to create page: 1.268 seconds