INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

DSLR errored out when capturing flats in Ekos

• Thank you received: 1
Last evening I attempted to capture some flat images using Ekos CCD tab.

The captured images were directed to the Pi device.

I was able to capture 7 flats but with quite a bit of download latency.  (The pop up showed 11 seconds but it likely was longer between images).

On the 8th image the capture errored out; this was what was on my screen.

I tried shutting down and coming back up again but could not get the capture process working.  It would try once with the long delay and then the camera clicked at good capture speed with errored out images.

Normally the download takes around 5 seconds, but I've not been able to capture images to a USB flash drive due to download latency.

I believe some updates over the weekend may have helped in one area but created some extra latency.

Here is the error message that I am seeing on the Nikon screen.

Any ideas in doing a test to see what's going on?  Might there be a setting or 2 that I need to review?

In the future I might do some house wiring projects to get the proper circuit run outside to connect a TP Link power line type adapter to my network.

However my EQ6R mount is directly outside my door so I should have adequate WiFi signal.

Really hoping to be able to finally get my Ekos setup for the EQ6R mount up and running.

2 years 10 months ago #71265
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alright, I think the issue might be because I have 22 Gigs in my trash can.  Unfortunately I am unable to delete the trash can using right click delete or just clicking on the trash can to delete.

Any ideas in how to get rid of the data I put in the trash can?

Here is the screen I am getting on the Pi.

Is there a command or permissions that can help me move these files off?
2 years 10 months ago #71266
Attachments:

Last evening in doing an online search I was able to find a sudo script that erased the majority of the images in the trash bin.

This was:   sudo rm -rf ~/.local/share/Trash/*

As going through this process of erasing on the Pi hard drive is quite tedious I would certainly prefer locating my FITS images on a USB flash drive, but I've found that this just doesn't work.

I may end up getting an extra long ethernet cable and snake it through my house and outside to prove out whether bad WiFi signal is the culprit of the whole download latency or failure issue.
2 years 10 months ago #71269

Time to create page: 1.088 seconds