INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac crash kstars

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I am using a macbook pro with intel processor. Kstars runs on the macbook (3.5.4), on a raspi ekos. Each session I have several crashs of kstars. I cannot identify any special situation or procedure that leads to the crash, but some jobs are prone to crashes: platesolving, focussing, starting a series of long-time exposure eg. 300secs. I had no crash when doing flats or darks the next day. I had no crash related to guiding or moving the mount (goto an aim or searching the sky).
Running kstars on the raspi over vpn never produced a crash.
There a 2 types of crashprotocols:Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Application Specific Information:
terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__1::system_error: mutex lock failed: Invalid argument

and
Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [2922]

.Seeing through the saved protocols I found that  >>Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)<<  only occurres once a day/session while  >>Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)<<  comes several times. 
I don't coding and cannot interprete the crash-report. The folder where kstars should save reports is mainly empty, last entry is a half year ago (extensive protocolling has been checked).
Perhaps I can help to avoid these annoying crash.
Martin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 6 months ago #75110

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds