INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 3.5.6 Mac beta, please test, Mac Users!

• Thank you received: 3
I removed the astrometry driver from my equipment profile. Curiously, it was still showing up when I started Ekos. I had to reboot the Stellarmate to have this change take effect.

After the remote astrometry driver was removed, Ekos no longer offers the astrometry tab unless the camera is present. When the camera is present, the four-click sequence does not crash.

Nonetheless, it would be good if KStars did not crash in the situation of my original configuration.

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by John Pane.
2 years 4 months ago #77701

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Yes, I certainly agree with you. This should be corrected. The astrometry tab should not be coming up if there is no camera. Even if the astrometry driver is present it should not come up. That definitely sounds like it isn't a Mac specific issue, it would need to be a change to the code. Right now I'm focused on whether or not this build of a DMG is good, but we definitely should address your item for the next release.
2 years 4 months ago #77702

• Thank you received: 1
Hi, I've tried to create a separate topic for this issue, but for some reason it does not appear in the list of new topics.I'm having trouble connecting my onstep mount to Ekos via wifi. Sometimes the Kstars crashes immediately after connection, other times it just can't connect. I only have 2 devices -- a qhy guide connected via usb and the mount via wifi. Screen recording for the case when Kstars  crashed is attached. Also a log is attached of several failed attempts to connect. 

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-29-24.txt
File Size:26 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-34-34.txt
File Size:60 KB
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Igor.
2 years 4 months ago #77778
Attachments:

Does the same thing happen if you try to connect to the camera first, or just when you try to connect to the mount first?
2 years 4 months ago #77794

• Thank you received: 155
I'll load it up tomorrow and check it out.
Did you manage to fix the issue with the iOptron CEM120 mount defaulting to the wrong baud rate, with no ability to save the correct rate?

2 years 4 months ago #77795

Hi Peter,

I don't personally know anything about that. Setting the wrong baud rate with no ability to se a new one is very much a driver issue I think. I was fighting with the build script and the recipes for the last few days trying to fix a bunch of build issues to get it to build the new version. I haven't had a chance to look into any specific issues.
2 years 4 months ago #77796

I think I do remember you had sent a message to me the other day about it, but as I said, I have my full time job and was very busy and in the evenings I was trying to get the new version of KStars and INDI to build.  I fixed those issues and now it built successfully, but I haven't had any time to look into any specific issues with drivers or anything yet.
2 years 4 months ago #77797

Ok, thanks Rob. Jasem has described the issue and fixed it in the latest Kstars/INDI on the Linux platform.
I can set the correct baud rate, but it was just that the save configuration wouldn't save it, so I have to manually set it every time I launch INDI.
This was why I was trying to build the OSX version myself, as Jasem suggested that it was already fixed but not compiled.  But I kept getting those missing files error.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Peter Kennett.
2 years 4 months ago #77798

Ah, if Jasem has addressed it, then it should be fixed for all.  This release includes the latest version of INDI.  INDI is not platform specific.  The Mac build is the same as the linux build.
2 years 4 months ago #77799

By all means, test it and see when you get a chance.
2 years 4 months ago #77800

• Thank you received: 1
>> Does the same thing happen if you try to connect to the camera first, or just when you try to connect to the mount first?

Seems like the order does not matter. New recording and this time a crash log attached.

Thanks for replying, I thought I'd never be able to post anything here.
2 years 4 months ago #77811
Attachments:
  • format_tst.avi

I downloaded this new version, and installed it on my 2012 MacMini running OSX Maverick.  I launched EKOS, and all my devices loaded up perfectly.  The issue with the CEM120 baud rate has been resolved.  Thanks!   These are the devices that all loaded up fine:

iOptron CEM120 EC2
ASI1600MM Pro
LodeStar X2
ZWO EFW
Esatto focuser
AAG Cloudwatcher
Nexdome. (but I have not powered off the dome controller and tried it again.  There has been an unresolved issue with the INDI driver that makes connecting to the Nexdome Shutter difficult.  It would give Serial Errors repeatedly until it finally connects - which can take an hour to resolve.  But once connected, it stays connected as long as I keep the controller powered on.  I've written this up several times.  It's an INDI issue, as it never happens with ASCOM.)

It's cloudy tonight, so I cant test imaging.  
Are there any specific things you want me to check?

2 years 4 months ago #77855

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds