INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nrotator? - Hobbling along (past limping)

• Thank you received: 52
Hi Chris,

Looks like the nFrame made it into INDI 1.9.4 from 1/17 stable build.
Unsure about Kstars/Ekos 3.5.7 builds, of which was released 1/18, I could not find the nframe in the distributed indidrivers.xml
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Madson
2 years 2 months ago #79650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks!!
2 years 2 months ago #79652

I've tried changing it in usr/share/indi/drivers.xml and usr/share/kstars/indidrivers.xml. It seems like the driver is pointing to nstep_rotator and it needs to say nframe_rotator... but I can't get it to do that.

Is there another spot where it needs to be changed so that it poiints to nframe_rotator?

Chris
2 years 2 months ago #80563

Ah, there's some mismatch between all the files... It won't ever find it because the cmake file calls it one thing, the files call it another...

I couldn't find all the spots that indi/kstars looks for a file name.  The driver is indi.nframe.rotator... but it's looking for a file named indi.nstep.rotator.  I renamed the file per Gene's advice and it's operational.  Auto-sync/everything.

If you're looking for the drivers; they're in /usr/bin  sudo find /usr/bin "*indi.nframe.rotator" will find the file.  I tried editing the /usr/shared/indi/drivers.xml and /usr/shared/kstars/indidrivers.xml.  But, there must be some other places it's searching for the name of the driver.

I have the max speed set to 200... 150 was super slow; 254 was too fast I think.  200 is still pretty slow (about .1 degree per second); but it works.

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Chris Madson.
2 years 2 months ago #80564

• Thank you received: 52
Hi Chris, check your email for an updated test driver for the nFrame, version takes closest direction versus always enforcing cord wrap.

Just remember to turn rotator over so motor side not the moveable side.

Cables to camera would then be prone to wrap though.

Gene
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Madson
2 years 1 month ago #80828

Also for anyone else trying this, the steps/degree is 55. If you change the wiring phase from 1 to 3 you can reverse the direction.
2 years 1 month ago #81127

Time to create page: 0.746 seconds