INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PROJECT: Digistump Attiny85 Remote shutter release

• Thank you received: 0
Hello All!
While experimenting on using my DSLM (Fuji XT-1) mounted to my scope to capture images, I noticed that it only works with a remote shutter release cable, in camera priority mode set in the INDI control panel. However, there is little to no information on such cables in the context of INDI. This gave me the idea, to make my own out of an arduino compatible attiny85 stump, which takes a certain command from INDI, and closes a switch connected to a shutter release connected to the cameras port. This work may pave the way for other users who want to control other devices with an arduino, but dont want to wait for an INDI driver, or just want a simple, quick and dirty solution.

I couldn't make heads or tails of the documentation on developing INDI drivers, so I figured I'd post my questions here:

1. How does the INDI-gphoto driver communicate with a remote shutter release on a given port, and with what protocol? (Using this info, I could write a simple code to parse the incoming serial data to the attiny85, and execute.)
2. If the protocol is more complex than just serial input, how can I build software to bridge the INDI protocol to a serial command that an arduino could read?
1 year 9 months ago #83349

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds