INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Alignment of Kstars stable releases across distributions?

• Thank you received: 8
I took a freshly installed 64 bit Raspbian and added the repository for the stable releases according to indilib.org/get-indi/download-rpi.html (but changing buster to bullseye).
On Raspbian I get a kstars-bleeding version 3.6.0 whereas on my Ubuntu laptop I get 3.6.2.
I would have expected to get the same stable version across the different distributions. Is this the current state, or did I do something wrong?

Regards & CS
Guido
1 year 3 months ago #89269

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 87
Hi,

Astroberry uses an independent repository specific for the ARM architecture for debian distro, I does not have to be in sync (should it be? maybe....) with the main ubuntu repository.
Even between different architectures in the same repository, sometimes they can be out of "sync" because of compilation times / errors.
At this moment, according to the repositories, the KStars version compiled for Raspbian/Armbian (debian based) is the 3.6.0 ( from 2022-08-27) as you said
and the Ubuntu ARM is the 3.6.2 version (using stable reference from 2022-11-30).
So there is nothing wrong, they are just different repositories for different Linux Distros (Debian vs Ubuntu), each using it's own release schedule as I see it.
I have the same problem as I use an ARMBian ARM64 TVBox (S905X3) as my setup server and for this sole reason I am compilling from the sources (Core, 3rd Party Drivers and KStars).

Regards.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by nMAC.
1 year 3 months ago #89279

• Thank you received: 8
Ah yes, you are right. I missed the fact that the Raspberry Pi repos are actually from Astroberry and independent from Jasem's repos.
Somehow I thought everything under "GET INDI" should have been from the same source.

Regards & CS
Guido
1 year 3 months ago #89283

• Thank you received: 0
Same here, updated raspberry pi astroberry and got KSTARTS 3.6.0 which does not work with tthe ZWO AM5
Updated the Ubuntu 20.04 Lalptop KSTARS/EKOS and got KSTARS 3.6.2 which seems to work fine with the ZWO AM5 , same versions of INDI on both machines.
1 year 3 months ago #89329

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds