INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI on new Board Rock Pi 4cplus - Driver ASI_Power not working

• Thank you received: 1
I have purchased a powerful SBC in RaspberryPi format based namedRockPi4cplus powered by a Rock RK3399-T chip.. I have successfully installed
UBUNTU 22.04 on a 250 GB 2230 NVME ssd sitting on that board, I have configured a VNC server and today I installed all indi libs and full Ekos/Kstars.
Everything is just working fine, mount, ASI cameras, focuser, rotator, all works flawlessly. Now I have put the board on top of an ASIAIR pro electric board via
the 40-pin-GPIO interface, which also powers the RockPi 4cplus board up, however, the 4 12volt output ports do not worke since the used indi driver
ASI_Power fails to start. Is someone out there within our community having an idea where to look to get the driver working?
Any hint would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance
Helmut
1 year 2 months ago #89392

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42
Helmut,
If I am looking at the right thing, 3rdparty/indi-asi-power overview indicates it is using the pigpio interface to access the GPIO pins. pigpio normally runs as a daemon process. To confirm it is installed and running try the command: "systemctl status pigpiod". Could also check the KStars log for pgpiod startup error message about not able to find or initialize the library.
/Tom

[ Edit ]

In case pigpio is not installed, here is a note from something I have been playing with on how to get it working. If it is installed and running but still not working,note at the end about pigpio will only initialize if running on a Raspberry Pi. So it would depend on if your Rock CPU can pass whatever that test consists of.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by wotalota.
1 year 2 months ago #89452

Hallo Tom,
Thank you very much for the Info. Since the Rock Pi4c+ Board came without OS, I have installed
Ubuntu 22.02 and full indilib with Ekos/Kstars. So this part is working flawlessly. I have an ASIAIR
Pro from which I took the powerboard and driver indi_asi_power cannot connect.
And now it's clear why It is not working: since it is not an original Raspbian Installation, there is no
pigpiod daemon running under Ubuntu. I am not sure if I can install it with sudo apt-get install pigpio, I shall give it a try. Maybe you have a tip for the Installation...?
Helmut
1 year 2 months ago #89520

Hello Tom, I have just done a check on my RockPi4c board and as expected there is no piggpiod daemon running under
Ubuntu. I downloaded the library like this:
wget github.com/joan2937/pigpio/archive/master.zip
unzip master.zip
cd pigpio-master
make
sudo make install

Everything worked fine with no error messages, however when I start the daemon with sudo pigpiod, I get a message
"Sorry - this system does not appear to be a raspberry pi - aborting". So there is obviously somewhere a hardware check
which needs to be removed...
You have any idea?
Helmut
1 year 2 months ago #89522

• Thank you received: 42
Helmut,
If the RockPi4c board uses a Broadcom SoC, search to see if pigpio has its own forum or ask in the Raspberry Pi forum. Otherwise there seems to be little prospect of being able to use pigpio with the RockPi4c.
Tom
1 year 2 months ago #89526

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds