INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Home Assistant "integration"

• Thank you received: 41
Greetings!

As I am building my observatory I am messing around with a home assistant setup on a rpi4, to control all my non photographic equipment (roll off, temp sensors, power outlets, all sky cam etc).
While I was searching I've found this project (used with NINA github.com/mawinkler/astrolive#devices-and-sensors ) and I think it would be interesting to have the camera output in HA too.

Does anyone uses anything similar? Probably it could be done with something like github.com/rkaczorek/indi-mqtt ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, John
1 year 2 months ago #89438

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
I've been thinking of integrating astronomy stuff with HA too but have not done anything concrete.
1 year 2 months ago #89566

• Thank you received: 13
This is not a direct answer to your question, but I am developing a robotic observatory management software in python (that includes an full python indi client), and broadcast some information on mqtt topics.
My full stack includes mosquitto, telegraf, influxdb, and grafana, I personally use grafana to monitor the observatory, but from what I know, some HA user can also export their data to influxdb (www.home-assistant.io/integrations/influxdb/) and have their monitoring there.
That's a potential idea for you if used together with infi-mqtt from @rkaczorek
[attachment=14411]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Euripides, Steve
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by dolguldur.
1 year 2 months ago #89583
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 41
We can always just load into an iframe the RPI, Mini Pc or whatever display but it would be nicer to have specific entities
1 year 2 months ago #89640

• Thank you received: 25
I'd like to say that I'm not super fond of embedded iframes. I have something similar on my octopi which embeds the webui from an esp32/ov2640; it works when viewed in a web browser, but it does not make the controls visible over the API. Having actual properties accessible over some interface (mqtt, a statistics endpoint, whatever) would be be much more useful
1 year 1 month ago #90128

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Arnaud on topic Home Assistant "integration"

Hi Dolguldur,
i'm trying to do quite the same : display on a web page my observatory status. I'm on raspberry pi using Node-red.
How did you extract data from indi devices to display guiding status etc ? Seems you didn't used indi-mqtt from @rkaczorek...

Thanks for your help.
Best Regards.
4 months 2 weeks ago #97115

• Thank you received: 13
I am using indi, but not kstars. I leverage low level indi primitive from a custom software platform, here you can see an example of the mqtt client: github.com/gnthibault/RemoteObservatory/.../PanMessagingMQTT.py

It is a quite specific case, in the general case, I would use @ rkaczorek mqtt bridge. At the time I decided not to use it because from what I remember it was relying on pyindi which was not really well maintained at the time. It is probably much better now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arnaud
4 months 2 weeks ago #97147

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds