INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

difference between INDI started manually VS started by Kstars with custom driver

• Thank you received: 97
Hi everyone, I started writing a driver for a rotator I am bulding, I am at the very beginning but I noticed today that there is a small difference between the driver when I start indiserver by hand VS when I start it automatically via Kstars.

If I start indiserver by hand I see a correct result and the firmware version property popping up in the UI like in the image

If I let Kstars starting indiserver the firmware is not shown

you can find the code for the driver here => github.com/indilib/indi/compare/master.....ia/sunshine?expand=1

In both casee, since I log the serial response, I can see in logs the call to getFirmware is executed and returns correctly
[2023-01-12T12:15:41.016 CET INFO ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Sunhine Rotator :  "[INFO] CMD <:V#> "
[2023-01-12T12:15:41.024 CET INFO ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Sunhine Rotator :  "[INFO] RES <:V001> "
[2023-01-12T12:15:41.024 CET INFO ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Sunhine Rotator :  "[INFO] FW_VERSION <0.0.1> "

can anyone help me understanding what I did wrong (I suppose this may come from init props in the driver itself)?

Thanks,
Mattia
1 year 2 months ago #89586
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds