INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver development question

• Thank you received: 25
I'm looking at writing a new Dome/Roll Off/Weather device driver. I wanted a clean minimal example to modify so I cloned the indi_rolloff_dome sub-project as a start point.

I've removed the Connect and Disconnect overrides but I can not get a connection to my device using either serial or TCP/IP. I've verified that the ports are correct and reachable both from the CLI and by pointing another indi driver at those ports, which can connect (but then obviously errors on unexpected/missing responses from the device).

Any idea what I'm missing? Is there something else added or missing to/from the rolloff simulator class that I would need to fix in order to make it connect to a real device?
Have I started from the wrong place?

Kind Regards
Ed
1 year 2 months ago #89918

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42
Ed,
rolloff simulator does not actually use an external device, it provides the framework and simulates the action of opening and closing. I have a driver developed from the simulator that might proved a starting point for you to use.
github.com/wotalota/indi-rolloffino
There is a html sub-directory that provides and overview if you copy that to a local directory. It works via an Arduino controller, various versions of which are provide.
If you were thinking of directly using Raspberry Pi GPIO connections I have one that does that using pigpio but it is not yet fully debugged, it still has a timing issue at startup.
/Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed Lee
1 year 2 months ago #89919

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by Ed Lee on topic Driver development question

Excellent, thanks Tom. I'll dig into that tomorrow.
Ed
1 year 2 months ago #89921

Time to create page: 0.622 seconds