INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi functions associated with ekos mount control

• Thank you received: 2
I have a driver for the Sitech telescope controller which works fine for tracking and goto. However, it is not yet configured to work with the virtual hand pad under the mount tab.

Can anyone tell me what Indi functions are called by the virtual hand pad?

I know that I can dig this out myself but if anyone knows off-hand, I would be thankful.

Mark
1 year 2 months ago #90072
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Should anyone happen to look at this, the mount control "hand pad" source code starts here: .../kstars/kstars/data/qml/mount/mountbox.qml

Maybe the code needs a little TLC as when the mount control is called, standard error is gets bombarded with messages
qrc:/qml/mount/mountbox.qml:502:17: QML MouseArea: Detected anchors on an item that is managed by a layout. This is undefined behavior; use Layout.alignment instead.
1 year 2 months ago #90175

This QML file is pretty old. It needs to be migrated to more modern QML & QtQuick controls. Any volunteers?
1 year 2 months ago #90194

I have very slowly been parsing the Ekos/INDI code related to mount movement (and getting a glimmer of an idea of the monumental work Jasem has done).

It seems that the hand pad in the mount module is a bit of an outlier and that it is best to concentrate on getting the Sitech driver working with the telescope tab in the control panel, "motion control" in particular. However, the hand pad has the feature that motion starts and stops with the press and release of the mouse button while the movement buttons in the "motion control" tab are toggles -- at least they are in the simulator. It would be nice for the motion control buttons also to act only "when pressed". One of the challenges for me is to actually find the controlling code for things -- in this case I have not yet found where the mouse action on the movement buttons is defined. But I'll get there.
1 year 2 months ago #90610

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds