INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

USB troubles

• Thank you received: 27
hi!
I have not found anything in the search, so i am asking here:
I have a problem with multiple USB devices .
- if i run a ublox gps dongle and a focuser connected to /dev/usb0, the dongle is autodetected and the focuser is blocked. if i disconnect the dongle, it works
- if i run pegasus falccon rotator and my DS2600 in parallel, the touptek is recognized but i cannot retreive images.
is there a possible explanation for this,or have you experienced something similar?
yours wolfi
1 year 3 weeks ago #91438

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by David Allmon on topic USB troubles

Wolfi,

What kind of computer? USB2 vs. USB3?
1 year 3 weeks ago #91439

Replied by Wolfgang Birkfellner on topic USB troubles

both - powered USB 3 hub on a Pi 4 and USB 2 on a NUC ...
yours wolfi
1 year 3 weeks ago #91440

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by David Allmon on topic USB troubles

Wolfi,

I don't have any NUC experience, but I have a Pi 4 with a USB3 hub. If I run the USB3 hub with a USB3 cable, nothing works. The Pi says I have no devices connected to the hub. If I use a USB2 cable, then everything works fine. I've used 3 different USB3 cables with no luck. On my main system (linux) the hub works fine with USB3. The USB3 port the SSD is plugged in to continues to work fine. I originally went with a USB2 cable because Pis have a thing about WiFi and USB3, but I run ethernet with WiFi turned off and still have this problem.

I don't know if there is anything you can use in this, but that is my experience.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91441

Replied by Wolfgang Birkfellner on topic USB troubles

hi!
it is not all that horrible, fortunately - not every USB 3 hub works, but there is trouble sometimes. the zwo asi and the touptek work fine on the raspberry pi4. however, the dongle/focuser issue happens on the NUC and i do not assume that there is a power problem there ...
can it be that the dongle and the falcon are apparently HIDs????
yours wolfi
1 year 3 weeks ago #91442

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Michael Evans on topic USB troubles

My experience may have relevance to this problem. have a Pi4, a usb3 hub, gps dongle and assorted cameras running from the usb hub When I first connected things I had the usb3 hub connected to the usb3 connector on the Pi4. I could never get a gps fix. Then I read that there can be interference from usb3 signals that can prevent the gps dongle getting a fix. I connected the usb3 hub to the usb2 connector on the Pi4 and everything works like a charm. Whether using usb 2 rather than usb3 slows downloads of frames I have no idea since I have never been able to use usb3.
Mike
1 year 3 weeks ago #91444

Time to create page: 0.872 seconds