INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to access standard error?

• Thank you received: 2
I would like to trace where the inclusion of the remote astrometry driver is getting dropped. How can I get output from cerr or stderr included with Kstars output to standard error?
10 months 2 weeks ago #93209

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you are debugging an issue with Ekos, shouldn't you use QtCreator (or VSCode) to debug the code in align.cpp ?
10 months 2 weeks ago #93224

It should be noted that the "qCDebug" code for logging is inactive. At least this is true. In the current Kstars in /kstars/ekos/align/remoteastronomyparser.cpp function setEnabled, the line
qCDebug(KSTARS_EKOS_ALIGN) << "Enabling remote solver...";
does not get its message written to the console when the "Enable" button in the Astrometry tab in the Control panel is pressed. Actually this is default behavior: "With Qt 5.2, the qCDebug line will not produce any output; this is because logging categories are disabled by default." -- from the KDE HOWTO "Using Error Messages". But if one modifies the "rules" string in /kstars/auxiliary/ksutils.cpp so that "org.kde.kstars.ekos.align.debug=true", then enabling Astrometry should sent the message to the console. But it doesn't.

(Note this is not the LOG_INFO message from /indi/drivers/auxiliary/astrometrydriver.cpp."

URL for the KDE HOWto: community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/...Using_Error_Messages
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Mark Copper.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93244

Looking through the GDB lens (I haven't got the hang of kdevelop yet), running Kstars, the program gets to the function "Align::setSolverMode" with argument "1".

First the symbol "sender()" doesn't exist, so the button group doesn't get checked. Is that why the solver fields are grayed out?

Then, when "setAstrometryDevice" is called, m_RemoteParserDevice is a null pointer which triggers the "Cannot set solver to remote. The Ekos equipment profile must include the astrometry Auxiliary driver." message.

Backtrace seems to indicate that "activeProfile" has not been set properly. I haven't been able to read its contents yet.

Still working on it.
10 months 1 week ago #93344

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds