INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver OnStep (LX200 like) for INDI

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,
I found a problem with dome management:
If I select "dome locks telescope". Even if the dome is "unpark" it is not possible to unpark the telescope. It says "Telescope locked by the dome".
With AstroEQ or telescope simulator, the operation is correct.

Regards,
4 years 10 months ago #38696

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

I am very interested in using this OnStep controller: is it possible to control a DIY wedged fork, or can it only handle AltAz forks?

Thanks,

Martin
4 years 10 months ago #38821

• Thank you received: 31
OnStep Alpha has support for fork mounts, as of a week or two ago, so it should work. But it has not been verified by someone yet.
4 years 10 months ago #38822

It's not a problem with OnStep.
Today, i have the same problem with AstroEQ...
4 years 10 months ago #38827

The polar aligned fork mount is verified to work. See This thread .
4 years 10 months ago #38850

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Khalid,

Dragonlost asked me if I can develop an INDI driver for TeenAstro.
If think it is much easier for both community to have 2 drivers one for onstep and one for TeenAstro. Indeed all the beauty of OnStep is the flexibility and the beauty of TeenAstro is to keep the thing as simple as possible.
The good news is that TeenAstro overlap to 95% with ONStep and has significantly less feature. For example no PEC and No multiStar alignment...
My only problem is that I have no experience with LINUX...

Charles
4 years 10 months ago #38858

• Thank you received: 39
So after looking a bit.

(Sorry about my lack of response, when I look up, it's been something in the range of R=G=B for the most part for a while. :( )

The code there will not protect overriding other functions of OnStep. Nor after looking are there any checks to see if there's any other use for the pins. Honestly, in the pinmap, any time an aux pin is used, it should probably be followed with an undef AuxX as the best solution. That's not the case though so, that's why I consider it unsafe. For example, on Ramps, some of the Aux pins 4, for example will knock on or off the focuser enable, rotator enable, or SPI if using fancy drivers. That's why I consider it a bit unsafe. It's nothing to do with your code (or my code before) it's that OnStep allows access to them without any checks internally. Which is why I think there should be something around it to go: This can cause problems. Are you sure?
4 years 10 months ago #38876

• Thank you received: 22

You might get collaborative help on this if you start a new thread suggesting it. Something like: Teenastro Development might do the trick. I think it would limit cross talk if we did that. Let us know if you make one so we can subscribe and help out too.
4 years 10 months ago #38923

Hello Charles,

If TeenAstro is OnStep minus a few features, then I think it should be the same codebase,
but with another personality.

A few if statements will take care of the features that TeenAstro lacks, but OnStep has.

When the code is compiled, the make file causes a symbolic link to be created for the same executable.

This scheme avoids code duplication as much as practical, and is used by other drivers.
4 years 10 months ago #38924

• Thank you received: 2
ok ! New thread is create : indilib.org/forum/development/5153-teena...driver-for-indi.html

thanks in advance for help and thanks for onstep
4 years 10 months ago #38944

Hi azwing,
What settings do you have in your Onstep for the meridian flip? (Auto or Off?)
I can't get the meridian flip working, this is what I did:

1) Align Onstep
2) Enable meridian flips in Kstars (set to 0.1h). Onstep is set to 30 degrees so Kstars will flip it first.
3) Slew to near the meridian (telescope on the West side, so it definitely has to flip)
4) Observe the Kstars "meridian flip counter" starts to count down
5) When the counter reaches 0, Kstars indicates that a meridian flip is in progress. However Onstep doesn't move (the App does indicate the "Goto" icon though).
If I then click the "Meridian Flip Now" button in the Onstep app, the mount flips.
Am I missing something out or is something set incorrectly?

I tried both having auto meridian flips in Onstep set to on and off, and it made no difference.
4 years 10 months ago #39302

This will not work.
You need to set OnStep so that it will trigger a flip at the same time that KStars will. That is, they are synchronized.

What you did should work if you set KStars to, say 0.5hr, and OnStep to 7.5 degrees.
4 years 10 months ago #39304

Time to create page: 1.281 seconds