INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver OnStep (LX200 like) for INDI

• Thank you received: 19
Same here Jasem.....I can run any beta and do some debugging if needed - IN THE MEANTIME, is there a way to "update" back to 3.4.2????? some magic "sudo apt" revert command?......
3 years 8 months ago #57434

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just pushed a possible fix to Ekos. It should be available in the nightly release tonight.
3 years 8 months ago #57651

• Thank you received: 41
Thanks I'll be read to test it. From where can I download the macOS nightly build?
3 years 8 months ago #57673

Hey Jasem....initial tests OK - no annomolies - her is what i did for verifiaction:
1) without touching OnStep app, power up mount and PC - installed nighly
2) launch KStars - all ok
3) Connect normal profile - all OK
4) mount was not in PARK (correct) - checked OnStep App - match to status = OK
5) parked via onstep (normally this would crash Kstars) = OK - status match and update in EKOS
6) unparked via EKOS = OK - status matched - no annomolies
7) parked via EKOS = OK - status matched in OnStep app - no annomolies

We have wicke storms right now so no sky testing for a few day but this fix looks good so far - let me know if you want me to run specific tests - will also do my normal run for a day and just fiddle settings test
BTW - whatever you did sped UP connection to IMMEDIATE for my PPBA whihc normally is hit and miss on connection - suspect you work with either thread or objects cleared up a synchronous block?...juts a guess....it feels instant and snappy whihc i did not before

I'll keep you posted!
J
3 years 8 months ago #57696

Additional test using other devices - there is a diffenr issue now in non-responsive ness to camera control and filter wheel - I can presse buttons but no actiona happen (no images, no filter changes - just waiting) - MY QHY is updating ambiant temp status and reporting chnages whihc I can see , but I cannot trigger cooling to turn on....I assue this is related to the "fix" - will keep ttrying different combos
3 years 8 months ago #57702

INDI driver control via server window and tabs I am able to set temperature and trigger an image whihc is properly displayed in FITS Viewer - so this new related issue is still in EKOS and not lower
3 years 8 months ago #57703

...and AFTER triggering an image with INDI server console, I can now trigger via EKOS...almost is if ther need to be a specific state in play before EKOS can do its work
3 years 8 months ago #57705

Longer test update - FAILURE - there were so many probems tonight but I will list and see if I can relicate - this is using the nightly test build:
1) park and unpark do not crash Kstars = GOOD
2) park and unpark are inconsistant - it worked...then didn't...reboot...then it work....was able to get a schedule strated finally
3) mid run the Guide control suddenly switched from my ASI120Mini (while in the missle of excellent guiding using sep multistar + the new learning feature ge...whatever it is called
4) this killed Kstars (not responding) - rebooted - could not get consistant connection to cameras...pegasus PPA suddenly was not even able to connect and errored with the need to add the user to the group (that linux internal connection thing - can't remember the syntax) - then it was back after another reboot

I gave up after that as even the mount was confused and thougt it was now parked - I can only assume some commands made it through.....so my conclusion is your fix is partially good enought to stop the crash, but there is some seroius issues with objects in here as seen by the main camera suddenly becoming the guide camera....very wierd - I will try and see if the logs were writing and pull them - but wow it was a strange run
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafa Barberá
3 years 8 months ago #57901

@knro are there any news about this issue? After more that two months from the last official release, I expect a new KStats/Ekos version any day now. So if you need testers for the Ekos/OnStep combo, I'm available to test it on a macOS build.

Thanks!
3 years 7 months ago #60032

KStars 3.5.0 is planned for late Sep / early October. There is one milestone left (StellarSolver integration) then we're good to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafa Barberá
3 years 7 months ago #60066

Are all the changes to support the multi device model of OnStep driver in place for 3.5.0? Wow! that was a big refactor, for sure.

Thank you very much!
3 years 7 months ago #60068

• Thank you received: 27
Is anyone using PEC with INDI?
I tried recently and it did not work as expected: I recorded one worm rotation and after PEC started playing, I did not see any change in terms of periodic error.
3 years 3 months ago #65395

Time to create page: 1.194 seconds