INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos & INDI Development Thread

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by NickK on topic Ekos Development Thread

Finally to confirm - connected up the NEQ6, ATIK 383L+, ATIK Titan, and my own robofocuser (arduino) and it all seems to work nicely - tracking and slewing works. I'm using the indiserver in a local remote form so I can run a 32bit indi_atik_ccd driver on the 64bit build.

Only issue is I can't see on the bleeding edge build where the guider is (compared to previously). Maybe the system hasn't matched the guider "ATIK Titan CCD" (or my description).

ODROID C2 Ubuntu
7 years 10 months ago #8239
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Finally switched from the VM to a native Ubuntu MATE 16 LTS on my Lenovo W510. First thing I noticed I cannot maximize the ekos window, which was possible in the VM. Also I'd like to move the ekos window on the second virtual screen. Can you fix this?
7 years 10 months ago #8331

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Jon on topic Ekos Development Thread

Could you provide some guidance on building this? I have the Odoid c2 as well and would like to attempt it. Thanks.

-Jon
7 years 9 months ago #8854

Yup it's a little convoluted if you want the bleeding edge due to the dependencies -the main thing is the KDE development framework that is massive but sorts out the nasty one that you can't find anywhere by using apt searches. Then it's a case of pulling the apt based dependencies.

Then it's a case of compiling for 64bit - just do what you'd do normally.. although the asicam will fail as there's no v8 binary.. so you'll need to tell the build to ignore that in the build sequence.

Probably worth building cfitsio (source from nasa) and then using that for the dependency as the standard repo is based around 32bit ARM..

If you want the standard build then use 32 bit with the standard apt repo packages and if you need the atik drivers, get those but use a symbolic link to solve the issue where it's not found.. or use LD_LIBRARY_PATH additions to find the right architecture libcfitsio shared library.

You will find that the astrometry.net scripts have a problem with 64bit ... because they use python and dynamic typing on the read of the FITS file... so the result is that the system attempts to create different types to what the code is... that's bad programming by the developers. Switching to png works without a problem.

I now have a fully functioning system - including focusing etc.. :D .. all on the C2. I have a 16GB eMMC card for the main system (including the packages)..and a 128GB SSD to hold the 32GB of astrometry.net indices..
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by NickK.
7 years 9 months ago #8876

• Thank you received: 223
Without hi-jacking this thread... how did you get the Atik Titan to work on an Odroid please?
I have the C1 and it is not working at all... I see you have a C2, please share the magic on how to get the Titan to work
7 years 5 months ago #10789

Hi Gonzo, it's been a while and I've been pulled away but I will be firing the system backup ahead of the SGL star party. I can't sort that in the next week due to work priorities :/ From memory I recompiled the sources into 64bit and use a rebuild/symbolic link as per the previous post with the latest driver (that did work with the titan) at the time. I do use a powered hub (it's fed off a step down and can provide the titan with the current it really needs - it's fed off the USB rather than plug in power).

I'll update you with the entire bits and bobs.
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
7 years 5 months ago #10790

• Thank you received: 30

Replied by T-Studio on topic Ekos Development Thread

I want two items.

1. Use the Canon DSLR driver in native mode to enable the Ekos autofocus transfer format.
(100% will crash unless you set it to use FITS format).

Correspondence of INOX driver to BBox.

Especially item 1 is very slow in FITS format. Schedule shooting is possible using native mode.
However, since autofocus is impossible, I want you to improve it.
7 years 2 months ago #13798
Attachments:

I want two items.

1. I hope Use the Canon DSLR driver in native mode to enable the Ekos autofocus transfer format.
(100% will crash unless you set it to use FITS format).

2.Correspondence of INOX driver to BBox.

Especially item 1 is very slow in FITS format. Schedule shooting is possible using native mode.
However, since autofocus is impossible, I want you to improve it.
7 years 2 months ago #13799
Attachments:

1. Currently working on that.
2. Have no idea what that is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T-Studio
7 years 2 months ago #13803

Sorry
The translation was wrong.
I hope INDY driver to correspond to BBox.
7 years 2 months ago #13876

Thank you always for a wonderful job.
7 years 2 months ago #13877

Ekos now automatically switches to FITS while in focus/guide/align and then back to FITS OR RAW when in capture ---> you can set default DSLR format for capture in Ekos options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giuseppe, T-Studio
7 years 2 months ago #13905

Time to create page: 0.890 seconds