INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GNU Octave...

• Thank you received: 10

GNU Octave... was created by NickK

I've started playing with Octave :)

My thinking here is more around the processing but looking good so far :) and see if it works fast enough to realistically make a INDI connection :)
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, gehelem, Eric
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by NickK.
5 years 9 months ago #26735
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:GNU Octave...

Interesting to have data output by indi going into a calculation pipeline! Could you elaborate on what you were doing and how it works?

-Eric
5 years 9 months ago #26769

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by NickK on topic Re:GNU Octave...

At the moment it's offline so I'm processing the images on a mac.

However there are smaller embedded systems that will have the capability to process data (at a slower rate). My thinking is possibly:

C2 Odroid 64bit (2GB) performing the control, focus etc but then cross mount the images to stream over to a second system vs wifi which then takes the feed and processes the images. The difference is it's running on a dedicated embedded system (12V).

There's a couple of deep learning ideas I want to try - including noise removal and processing. The idea is that you can see both the raw images but also the processed ones.

I've done a lot of OpenCL too so I may be tempted to make a GPU library for the pipeline but as always GPU works best with it's own memory and you need a couple of GB to keep the images in memory or do FFT etc.
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 9 months ago #27057

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds