INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue compiling SBIG driver on Ubuntu 18.04

• Thank you received: 2
Hello,
When I try to compile the latest INDI release on Ubuntu 18.04, I get an error for the SBIG driver. This error happens both when compiling individually the SBIG driver and when compiling ALL the drivers. Here is what I get:

Scanning dependencies of target indi_sbig_ccd
[ 37%] Building CXX object indi-sbig/CMakeFiles/indi_sbig_ccd.dir/sbig_ccd.cpp.o
[ 38%] Linking CXX executable indi_sbig_ccd
/usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7/../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/libsbig.so when searching for -lsbig
/usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libsbig.so when searching for -lsbig
/usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libsbig.so when searching for -lsbig
/usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-ld: cannot find -lsbig
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
indi-sbig/CMakeFiles/indi_sbig_ccd.dir/build.make:100: recipe for target 'indi-sbig/indi_sbig_ccd' failed
make[2]: *** [indi-sbig/indi_sbig_ccd] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:736: recipe for target 'indi-sbig/CMakeFiles/indi_sbig_ccd.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [indi-sbig/CMakeFiles/indi_sbig_ccd.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:151: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I followed all the steps given on the GitHub INDI site, but I had to install extra libraries to run Cmake for the drivers:
libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libswscale-dev libtiff-dev libdc1394-22-dev

Thanks in advance if someone has a clue about what is happening.
Philippe
5 years 8 months ago #27578

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This is because SBIG driver blob is not available for ARM64 architecture. SBIG only provided armhf, x86_32, and x86_64 blobs, and that was a few years ago.
5 years 8 months ago #27595

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks a lot for the update.

Philippe
5 years 8 months ago #27601

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all. I am using a x86_64 system and still I can not build the SBIG CCD driver.

I took the steps on indilib website for installing SBIG CCDs , to be specific:
But when I try to run the SBIG service in KStars, it crashes complaining it cannot find the libsbig.so.4 file. Log file is attached to this reply. I'll also put the contents at the end of this reply.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_12-34-...1-31.txt
File Size:5 KB

So then I tried installing SBIG from indi-3rdparty github repository . I tried installing only the SBIG driver, so here are the steps I took.
  1. Installed the INDI core library with git clone and cmake as instructed. Perfect success.
  2. Cloned the INDI 3rd party drivers github repository
  3. Followed the instructions for building the INDI 3rd party drivers individually like:
    $ mkdir -p ~/Projects/build/indi-sbig
    $ cd ~/Projects/build/indi-sbig
    $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-sbig
    And got the error:Also I put the cmake log contents at the end of the reply and in the attachments.

File Attachment:

File Name: CMakeOutpu...31-2.log
    File Size:43 KB

What should I do next? Thanks in advance.

Kstars version details:
Warning: Spoiler!

CPU architecture details:

KStars log file contents:

CMakeOutput.log contents:
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Pedram. Reason: Improved formatting. Looks like everytime something is edited in this website, the [code] tags change to tags unintentionally.
3 years 1 month ago #66724
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
Reading the FindSBIG.cmake file I found out about libsbigudrv. So:
$ sudo apt-get install libsbigudrv-dev
The output:

And voila, no problems after this. Compiled and installed 'indi-sbig' successfully.
3 years 1 month ago #66731

Time to create page: 1.012 seconds