INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moon-tracking

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Amin Sharaf on topic Re:Moon-tracking

Hi Niki,

looks like we live close to each other. :-)

Yes, Tommy told me some guys in Graz work on this. My setup is at least partly from his shop :-)

So far I did the initial alignment with the hand controller and then set it to PC direct mode. I connected the mount via the serial cable (to USB) with the Raspberry. Just a few days ago I got the direct connection cable and had no clear sky to try it out since then.

Cheers

Amin
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

5 years 8 months ago #27797

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Amin Sharaf on topic Re:Moon-tracking

I found the file as you said in the programs package in the astrometry bin folder. It lists

# Maximum CPU time to spend on a field, in seconds:
# default is 600 (ten minutes), which is probably way overkill.
cpulimit 300

So I guess it would time out after 300 seconds. I did not wait that long, but good to know, there is actually a timeout.
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

5 years 8 months ago #27799

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Moon-tracking

Directly on the subject of moon tracking, I have noticed that when I select the moon in kstars and choose eqmod -> track that the tracking speed does not automatically switch to lunar. @knro is this something easy to do? Of course choosing any object other than the moon should then revert back to sidereal too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 8 months ago #27810

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by the.cakemaker on topic Re:Moon-tracking

Tried that yesterday. Went to ekos to change the tracking speed to lunar. Now there is NO message in the message section, that it actually does change the speed.
It looked good, moon stood in the center for about 1 hour, but how can i controll if its actually at „moon-speed“?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 8 months ago #27892

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:RE: Re:Moon-tracking

Not sure there is a "tracking rate" somewhere in the INDI panel? Else visual control: Moon stayed in the center :) Check where the Moon left: RA or DEC side? Check if you see stars around, they should move in your fov. On the opposite, set sidereal and watch as Moon leaves your fov.

-Eric
5 years 8 months ago #27893

Sorry, i MENT the indi panel. Soneehere in the options there is „lunar“ as an option. But no message that it actually IS lunar then...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 8 months ago #27894

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Moon-tracking

Yes I understood that. I'm not in front of my setup, but isn't there a specific "track rate" value that refers to the actual tracking speed?

-Eric
5 years 8 months ago #27900

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic Re:Moon-tracking

I couldn’t find any info in any of the Ekos tabs that notified me of which tracking speed was selected. But in the Ekos configuration of the mount I selected lunar tracking and then started shooting in total 106 images with varying exposure times at an average rate of 1 images per 60 seconds using a 71 mm WO refractor with a Canon 700D camera on a SkyWatcher H-EQ5 mount. This is the result

It was my first time lapse ever then the first lunar eclipse I tried to image. It shows by the jumps in the exposure times and a small jump in the phase of the eclipse because I didn’t realise that a sequence of 10 images had ended until after several minutes.

However, I’d say lunar tracking works very well :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 8 months ago #27931

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Moon-tracking

Nice time-lapse :) funny to see it reversed.
I have a time-lapse of exactly 14 pictures, rainy before, rainy after...

-Eric
5 years 8 months ago #27937

Did almost the same yesterday. I made Timelapses with 2 cams. One on the 10" Newton and One with 50mm and 200 mm. I have to cut them first, that will take some time. I switched to LUNAR in the Indi-Tab of the Mount and it seemed to work quite good. I only had to correct a bit 3 times.
5 years 8 months ago #27938

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by wotalota on topic Moon-tracking

Any documentation on the EQ6-R mount?
A outline from the Losmandy Gemini controller doc
- The modeling information is stored in the controllers non-volatile memory.
- Powering on offers different startup options. Powering on for the first time or after a CMOS reset
only Cold Start is offered.
- Cold Start Required if was mount moved. Deletes any stored model & positional info. Requires
New location and time be entered.
- Warm Start Mount same position, perhaps clutches released, OTA moved. retains model but resets
position to CWD & polar orientation.
- Warm Restart Mount & OTA same. Modeling & position information retained, mount ready for use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
5 years 8 months ago #27940

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds