INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Bulb mode issues with my Pentax K-70 and Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark ii

• Thank you received: 8
Hi,

It's working so far. The only thing is you have to take the shots in "Native" format, in "Fits" it's not working the driver is crashing during the "subframing" process (I suppose).
I'll make a Pull Request on the libgphoto2.

Berylius
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek S Dailey
5 years 1 week ago #36661

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Awesome, thank you so much for working on this! I prefer to use the native format, so the FITS conversion is not a big deal to me.

Is there a way I can try this out? Would I just update libgphoto2? Are there any special items I need to know to test this?
Derek Dailey

Equipment:
ZWO ASI071MC Pro
ZWO ASI533MC Pro
Pentax K-70
Celestron C6SE
Astro-Tech AT65
William Optics RedCat 51
Celestron AVX mount

Software:
Stellarmate OS
ASTRO PIXEL PROCESSOR
Deep Sky Stacker
Adobe Photoshop & LightRoom
5 years 1 week ago #36665

Hi,

You can try to download the source here github.com/berylius/libgphoto2.git
and compile it.

Have a look at the INSTALL file in the repository for instructions.

Regards,

Berylius
5 years 1 week ago #36671

Hi,

If you want to try it, it has been merged into the official repository (github.com/gphoto/libgphoto2/pull/394)

Berylius
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek S Dailey, joel collet
4 years 11 months ago #37478

Thank you for getting this completed. What is the package name to update the libghoto2 ? I tried the following> "sudo apt-get install libghpoto2" but I think the package name must be different on Stellarmate.
Derek Dailey

Equipment:
ZWO ASI071MC Pro
ZWO ASI533MC Pro
Pentax K-70
Celestron C6SE
Astro-Tech AT65
William Optics RedCat 51
Celestron AVX mount

Software:
Stellarmate OS
ASTRO PIXEL PROCESSOR
Deep Sky Stacker
4 years 11 months ago #37527

Hello Berylius,

Thank you for working on the OM-D interface! I have had so many issues with my Stellarmate OS lately that I was about to give up on it. I found out my Pi B+ I bought in December was defective which added to my frustrations. After replacing the board and reloading the Stelarmate OS I am now having more success with testing. Tonight I was able to get bulb mode working with my OM-D E-M5. I was also able to get this working after downloading just the Stellarmate updates, so the bulb mode fix seems to be in place in the regular updates. Anyway if you have luck with the Pentax interface, then I will be beyond ecstatic!

Cheers!
Derek Dailey

Equipment:
ZWO ASI071MC Pro
ZWO ASI533MC Pro
Pentax K-70
Celestron C6SE
Astro-Tech AT65
William Optics RedCat 51
Celestron AVX mount

Software:
Stellarmate OS
ASTRO PIXEL PROCESSOR
Deep Sky Stacker
4 years 11 months ago #37941

• Thank you received: 0
HEllo,
quite new on this forum but using indi since few years already. I recently changed my Nikon D90 DSLR for an olympus em5 mk2.
i was quiet comfortable when using the nikon gphoto (liveview/video/bulb capture with rs232shutter)buti amreally struggling at having things working with the oly.
i first used the standard gphoto module to try to connect to the oly. the connection looks to be ok but no success in triggering a capture (bulb or sub second))(driver complaining about the shutter device (set to empty)not present.
I also tried to get the preview/liveview/or video but no sucess either.
I then tried the pentax gphoto module. the oly connect (and is detected properly as oly). The exposure is working ok (at least subsecond, not tried bulb). However live video or preview is not working at all.
gphoto is the indi one (with the bulb problem correction).
Currently not at home,but will try toget somedebug logsfromgphoto at least
Thanks forhelpor advices.
Joël
4 years 8 months ago #41140

Hello,
Finally got it working by doing a full and "clean" update.
However the streaming mode (and the preview too)is not working (indi always claiming viewfinder not found, can't force mirror to go up, failed to start streaming).
I discovered by using gphoto2 cli (and also looking at the indi code..though not a very good programmer) that the command used for preview and streaming in indi is using gphoto_capture_preview. However, the capture preview looks to be really buggy with this DSLR (only able to get one jpg image, after that need to unplug and replug the camera if we want to reuse the command)
However the capture-movie option works ok (that is gphoto_camera_capture with GP_CAPTURE_MOVIE ) (mjpg stream type)
Hpe this help
4 years 8 months ago #41221

Hi,

I haven't tried the preview function yet, if I have time I'll try to have a look at it .
4 years 8 months ago #41222

Can you edit the code and use GP_CAPTURE_MOVIE? If it works, we could use it as fallback for cameras such as Olympus.
4 years 8 months ago #41226

Hi Jasem
Can try to do so...but i need first to install a compile environnement...but let's try.
What about the message about mirror not going up (it is in the viewfinder widget call if my understanding iscorrect should i comment the if l to test?)
Note that it's long time ago i put my hand in code...hope to be not too rusted
Regards

Joël
4 years 8 months ago #41245

Ok, let me know when you have the dev environment set up. Then you can debug your way through all the issues.
4 years 8 months ago #41256

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds