INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Bulb mode issues with my Pentax K-70 and Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark ii

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Jasem
Can try to do so...but i need first to install a compile environnement...but let's try.
What about the message about mirror not going up (it is in the viewfinder widget call if my understanding iscorrect should i comment the if l to test?)
Note that it's long time ago i put my hand in code...hope to be not too rusted
Regards

Joël
4 years 8 months ago #41245

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok, let me know when you have the dev environment set up. Then you can debug your way through all the issues.
4 years 8 months ago #41256

HiJAsem

HAve installed all the reuired things for compilation.
i have first verified that the original recompiled was working fine. Everything went ok
However things are more complex since gp_capture and gp_capture_preview do not take the same args.
gp_capture ask for a path while gp_capture_preview ask for a file.
So things are more complex here and i feel unable to dig into (my feeling is it requires a "deep" mod of the code)
However the good news is that, getting back to gp_capture_preview but forcing returning GP_OK in the gphoto_start_preview and gphoto_stop_preview i am able to capture a SER file full of images...
Still have to try the direct stremaing in kstars..but i think it should work ok.
-> Work ok.
this is quick and dirty. to make it cleaner i think a test on manufacturer should be done in start and stop preview
REgards
JoËl
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by joel collet.
4 years 8 months ago #41264

Hi all, Jasem,

I attached the modified file with test on brand for the viewfinder.
I am able to capture up to 1280x960 but full hd (16/9)should be doable, though have not been able to get it (will cut top and bottom of he image)

File Attachment:

File Name: gphoto_driver.txt
File Size:82 KB
4 years 8 months ago #41268
Attachments:

so the only changes is in gphoto_start_preview and gphoto_stop_preview which is to return OK if Olympus was detected?
4 years 8 months ago #41368

Yes. I have done the test on olympus in start and stop preview, but maybe it is not the most logical "place". And maybe the test on olympus only is too "restrictive".
Actually, since the camera do not have mirror to be locked it do not have the corresponding widget in gphoto . hence gphoto do not find it. but the current (without this mod) gphoto_driver in indi check for this viewfinder widget (and need it) to work properly. It may be also the case for other 4/3rd mirrorless DSLR (pentax/lumix) dunno.

Joël
4 years 8 months ago #41381

ok the INDI nightly should have it now, so please check if at least that's working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joel collet
4 years 8 months ago #41391

Hi

tested by a friend of mine. working flawlessly.
by the way is it in the 1.8.0 release?
4 years 7 months ago #41504

Time to create page: 0.769 seconds