INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Default logs location

• Thank you received: 12
In the main Ekos interface, there is a Logs button in section "2. Start & Stop Ekos". This button opens a Configure-KStars dialog. The Open Logs Directory button points to ~/.local/share/kstars/logs.

In the main Ekos interface, there is a Ekos Options button in section "2. Start & Stop Ekos". This button opens a different Configure-KStars dialog. Following the INDI navigation item at the left, the Show INDI Logs button points to ~/.indi/logs.

At least on my system, the ending "logs" part of both of those paths is missing, and the logs are placed in the parent directory. I am not sure if these are bugs or if some data left on my system is pointing to the wrong locations.
5 years 3 weeks ago #36886

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 53

Replied by Ron Kramer on topic Default logs location

I read it 10 times but not really getting you.
My logs for kstars are in /kstars/logs dir. There is a dir with each days date containing the log files.

I suspect the infi logs will be in the Indi dir on the PI? (out in the dome). Kstars is on my windows machine.
(so logs are too) Indi server is running on the PI remotely so I suspect it's logs are on the Pi.

Looking out at the PI - I see a logs file in /home/stellarmate/.indi/logs. (but they appear empty).

Maybe I never turned on logs for indi? I just reduced my logs for Kstars as problems are limited to guiding now.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

5 years 3 weeks ago #36892

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Kurt Lanes on topic Default logs location

I was looking for the logs on Astroberry but if you click open logs directory yogurt a no such directory error however if you click "Clear All Logs" The directory s created and then everything works.

Kurt
1 year 1 month ago #91233

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds