INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

A new INDI WebManager App for Mac OS X and Linux

• Thank you received: 69

The tool tips look good. When I click on the "Open WebManager" button on my machine, I get:
Running Firefox as root in a regular user's session is not supported.  ($HOME is /home/odroid which is owned by odroid.)
Running Firefox as root in a regular user's session is not supported.  ($HOME is /home/odroid which is owned by odroid.)
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: iceweasel: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: seamonkey: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: mozilla: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: epiphany: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: konqueror: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: chromium: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: chromium-browser: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: google-chrome: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: www-browser: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: links2: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: elinks: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: links: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: lynx: not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: 851: /usr/bin/xdg-open: w3m: not found
xdg-open: no method available for opening 'http://odroid:8624'
4 years 9 months ago #40566

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Yes, it goes offline after hit Play button. It goes offline after I change the indi-web path to /usr/local/bin/indi-web.

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Tom.
4 years 9 months ago #40567
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 809
So, when you close the config panel updating settings, it should make it go offline for a moment because a change in settings means that it must be restarted. But if it was running before you opened the panel, it should start up again. But if indiweb is installed on your system and that path to it is correct, it should run when you hit the play button and keep running

it could be related to the bug that Patrick found where I misnamed the folder /usr/local/bin in the path variable.
4 years 9 months ago #40568

So Jerry, I am just using the QT command that is supposed to start your default browser and open a URL. What is your default browser, firefox?

Are you running indiwebmanagerapp as root? Based on the error, you might be. I wouldn't recommend that.
4 years 9 months ago #40569

For the tooltips and what's this. I just pushed another change to them because on some systems I just tested them on, the background looked awful. One one computer, it rendered white text on a yellow background!! On another, it tried to put a transparent background behind it, but it just looked terrible. So I made it universally just yellow text on a black background. Please see if that looks ok on your system.

Also, I found on one system that the tooltips did not word wrap, and there doesn't seem to be a good way to fix that. Are the longer ones word wrapped on yours?
4 years 9 months ago #40570

Yes firefox is the browser.

If I don't use sudo, I get the following when I click the start Triangle.

"2019-06-27T01:53:50: INDI Web Manager Started."
"2019-06-27T01:53:50: /usr/local/bin/indi-web --verbose --xmldir /usr/share/indi"
"2019-06-27T01:53:50: Traceback (most recent call last):\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 2691, in _dep_map\n return self.__dep_map\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 2806, in __getattr__\n raise AttributeError(attr)\nAttributeError: _Distribution__dep_map\n\nDuring handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:\n\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n File \"/usr/local/bin/indi-web\", line 6, in <module>\n from pkg_resources import load_entry_point\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 3241, in <module>\n @_call_aside\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 3225, in _call_aside\n f(*args, **kwargs)\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 3254, in _initialize_master_working_set\n working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 583, in _build_master\n ws.require(__requires__)\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 900, in require\n needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 794, in resolve\n new_requirements = dist.requires(req.extras)[::-1]\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 2727, in requires\n dm = self._dep_map\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 2693, in _dep_map\n self.__dep_map = self._filter_extras(self._build_dep_map())\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 2721, in _build_dep_map\n for extra, reqs in split_sections(self._get_metadata(name)):\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 3189, in split_sections\n for line in yield_lines(s):\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 2378, in yield_lines\n for ss in strs:\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 2758, in _get_metadata\n for line in self.get_metadata_lines(name):\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 1423, in get_metadata_lines\n return yield_lines(self.get_metadata(name))\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 1419, in get_metadata\n value = self._get(self._fn(self.egg_info, name))\n File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py\", line 1607, in _get\n with open(path, 'rb') as stream:\nPermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/indiweb-0.1.7-py3.6.egg/EGG-INFO/requires.txt'"
"2019-06-27T01:53:51: INDI Web Manager Shut down with error."
4 years 9 months ago #40571

• Thank you received: 15

Nevermind then. Will wait for your next release. In the mean time i still can use the Indi Web. Cheers!
4 years 9 months ago #40572

Jerry, do you normally have to run INDI Web with root? I know you have this setup where your python and your pip are in two different places, you need root to run it?
4 years 9 months ago #40573

Let me check with Jasem about this. I don't think INDI, indiweb, or indiwebmanagerapp should need to be run as root.
4 years 9 months ago #40574

Maybe I did an install of one of the packages? indiweb? as root when it shouldn't have been?
4 years 9 months ago #40575

that is what I expect happened. Perhaps the solution is to uninstall it using pip3 as root and then install it using pip3 as yourself?
4 years 9 months ago #40576

Its interesting that I didn't know you were running as root until you tried to open a browser window as root. Perhaps I should add a warning for that.
4 years 9 months ago #40577

Time to create page: 0.840 seconds