INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

update for INDI drivers for Raspberry Pi

• Thank you received: 140
I have the latest INdI version installed and running well on rpi4 and raspbian buster, it installed dead easy and worked first time..
Then installed INdI WebManager and set to start on boot, plus installed all the 3rd party drivers too, all works well....I must followed the instruction on the INdI git hub page...
My issue it with Kstars, I have installed that too from git, but has some errors..not sure if it’s me or not..
So for now using the rpi4 as server and running Kstars from my Kubuntu laptop... :)
4 years 9 months ago #40759

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
These are the instructions I followed and worked perfectly first time, on rpi4 and raspbian buster

github.com/indilib/indi
4 years 9 months ago #40760

• Thank you received: 74
And there's the problem - an up todate Kstars is, as far as I know, not available in any form and cannot be compiled on Raspbian.

Plus a lot of people cannot or wish not to compile anything they just want something they can install and update easily.

I accept RPI4 has only just been released so it takes time but Kstars on Raspbian has always proved a pain to me at least - if you want the latest (last one from Rasp Repo was 1.74 I beleive). Ubuntu Mate is too far behind the hardware progress IMO.

As far as I know Indigo dont have any problems with Raspbian - but there again the equiv of a Raspbian Kstars/Ekos doesn't exist except for the Web Interface which IMO just doesn't hack it. Please correct me if there are Raspbian Indigo gui client executable programs (not sources).

In simple terms why isnt Raspbian O/S supported better by Kstars/Ekos as it seems everything else is there and working (drivers/3rd party drivers ). After all it is a Debian based OS as is Ubuntu (Mate) ?
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 9 months ago #40771

• Thank you received: 41
Of course kstars can be compiled on Raspbian. Raspbian is nothing more or less than a Debian Buster running on ARM.
Just type:
>sudo apt-get build-dep kstars

Then, checkout from e.g. github kstars, go into checkout kstars directory and run:
>mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make -j4
and wait ....

INDIGO is not an INDI client but an INDI/GO server, and it brings by design also an integrated webserver to adjust INDI/GO properties
as every INDI client is providing it. Moreover, recently several so called agents were added which allow to guide, etc...
I personally run INDIGO on RPI3: Kstars to polar align, and CCDCiel + PHD2 to image.
4 years 9 months ago #40772

• Thank you received: 92

Astronerd, I got it working now. :) Thanks!
I was on the wrong track due to this in the README.md:

The complete list of system dependancies for all drivers on Debian / Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install libftdi-dev libgps-dev libraw-dev libdc1394-22-dev libgphoto2-dev libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev librtlsdr-dev liblimesuite-dev libftdi1-dev

However before that there is this:
sudo apt-get install libnova-dev libcfitsio-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev libgsl-dev build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libtiff-dev

While compiling It still has some string errors and missing dependencies:
-- No package 'libavco-- Checking for module 'libavcodec>=57.64.101'
-- No package 'libavcodec' found
-- Checking for module 'libavdevice>=57.1.100'
-- No package 'libavdevice' found
-- Checking for module 'libavformat>=57.56.100'
-- No package 'libavformat' found
-- Checking for module 'libavutil>=55.34.100'
-- No package 'libavutil' found
-- Checking for module 'libswscale>=4.2.100'
-- No package 'libswscale' found
-- Could not find up to date FFMPEG, could be due to libavcodec, libavdevice, libavformat, libavutil, or libswscale version
-- Since an up to date FFMPEG was not found, INDI Webcam Driver will not be built

-- Could NOT find GTest (missing: GTEST_LIBRARY GTEST_INCLUDE_DIR GTEST_MAIN_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find GMock (missing: GMOCK_LIBRARY GMOCK_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- GTEST not found, not building unit tests

-- Not all libraries found, you must build and install all libraries first:
-- libatik was not found and will now be built. Please install libatik first before running cmake again to install indi-atik.
-- libtoupcam was not found and will now be built. Please install libtoupcam first before running cmake again to install indi-toupcam.
-- libaltair was not found and will now be built. Please install libaltair first before running cmake again to install indi-altair.
-- libinovasdk was not found and will now be built. Please install libinovasdk first before running cmake again to install indi-inovaplx.
-- liblimesuite was not found. Please install liblimesuite first before running cmake again to install indi-limesdr.
-- librtlsdr was not found. Please install librtlsdr first before running cmake again to install indi-rtlsdr.

The build the all the 3rd party drivers at once didn't work for eqmod and I could find a driver for ZWO ASI16000 but still investigating.

My setup will be with CCDCiel (control), PHD2 (guiding) & ASTAP (local solver) so no need for fast Wifi connection. All binaries for armhf are available and working for the Pi3 so I assume for Pi4 also. Updated Instructions are at stargazerslounge.com/topic/337128-update...3195stargazarslounge

Han
4 years 9 months ago #40775

Astronerd,

I have still problem with some INDI drivers. I use INDIstarter and some drivers are not accessible by INDI client and are not running.

Good:
EQMOD Mount
LX200 Basic
QHYCFW3 (fiter wheel)

Bad:
ZWO CCD
ASI EFW (filter wheel)
ATK Wheel

Are the drivers marked as bad working in your setup?

Han
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by han.
4 years 9 months ago #40777

But there is still the old problem - people do not want to compile(build) Kstars/Ekos on Raspbian. They want the equiv of Unbuntu Mate PPA installation / updates - does that exist and more important does it work? Plus on RPI3b+ after a std compile/build (following std instructions on this forum) the button icons are just "std" large icon which I guess if down to a theme not being present?

Again many people bought RPI4 straight away,not me, expecting Kstars/Ekos/Indi to run without compiling/building - maybe the Indi requirements should be better described via a simple "Truth Table" showing which flavours of hardware/OS require compiling/building and which do not , are supported by an update mechanism (not requiring recomp etc) etc.

I know what Indigo server is thanks - I was referring to,I believe, the non existent Indigo Equiv of free Kstars/Ekos (really the EKOS part) - All I have found runs on Apple OS's only except Pixinsight (which is not free and would seem to too resource hungry for RPI4 - but I have not tried it on any RPI). e.g. AstroImager, AstroGuider, AstroDSLR, AstroTelescope, INDIGO Control Panel and INDIGO Dashboard.

Quote "so called agents" - what does that mean ?
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 9 months ago #40779

Have you been able to try your RPI4 set up for real yet ?

4 years 9 months ago #40781

The compile all 3rdparty drivers fails at indi_qhy. Attached the errors as a text file.

I give up. Compiling drivers is not for me.

Half of the drivers work:
4 years 9 months ago #40786
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 41
Han, try: www.indigo-astronomy.org/downloads.html
It is fully compatible with INDI and works perfectly with Raspian (and CCDCiel, PHD, ...)
You can even download the ready Raspbian Image: www.indigo-astronomy.org/indigo-sky.html
4 years 9 months ago #40787

• Thank you received: 104
Han,
I think you have a mismatch of version between libqhy and indi-qhy.

Do you know from where this /usr/include/libqhy/qhybase.h that make many warning come from? I not find that anywhere in the INDI source.

For me all the missing function that produce the error at the end are declared in /usr/include/libqhy/qhyccd.h , installed by libqhy. You must check you install libqhy from the last source version before to compile indi-qhy.
4 years 9 months ago #40796

Hello Patrick,

All the files in /usr/include/libqhy/ where from the same date&time. I have removed /usr/include/libqhy/ and started again with :

cd indigit clone github.com/indilib/indi.git
cd indi
## Build libindi
mkdir -p build/libindi
cd build/libindi
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ../../libindi

-- The following components are going to be built:
-- ## INDI Server
-- ## INDI Drivers, Tools, and Examples
-- ## INDI Client
-- Configuring done
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
AUTOGEN: No valid Qt version found for target indi_hid_test. AUTOMOC
disabled. Consider adding:
find_package(Qt5 COMPONENTS Core)
to your CMakeLists.txt file.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
AUTOGEN: No valid Qt version found for target indi_eval. AUTOMOC disabled.
Consider adding:
find_package(Qt5 COMPONENTS Core)
to your CMakeLists.txt file.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

This is new again, hopefully not something from a brief test with Indigo

indi_qhy is a problem, but indi_asi was build without any error, so why doesn't the zwo asi driver start?
An other worrying thing is the "string errors" the compiler is reporting.
I think I will restart with blank Raspbian Buster and if INDI compile fails again, will try the Indigo image as Copello suggested. If I read correctly it will work on a Pi4 so it should be based on Buster..... Raspbian Stretch doesn't work an Pi4.

Resume:
- Indi 1.74 binary package doen't install completely on Buster due to dependencies.
- Indi 1.79 doesn't compile fully (for me)
- Indigo ??

My Pi4 will arrive mid July , so there is still time left, but I want to be "software" prepared. so this exercise is an important preparation :)

Han
4 years 9 months ago #40799

Time to create page: 1.256 seconds