INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Changing tracking rate

• Thank you received: 133
Hello developers,

I hope someone of you knows this or can make an educated guess :)
I noticed that to change the tracking rate of my mount, either from, e.g., sidereal to king, but also when changing the value for custom mode, I have to stop and (re)start tracking to actually activate the change. This is suboptimal, as it immediately creates a several arcsecond guide error, so it cannot be done during an exposure.

My question now is: Is this a limitation of INDI, in that it only sends those numbers when activating the tracking, or is it the mount that doesn't accept such input while tracking? My impression is that pressing the 'Tracking on' button doesn't do anything if it's already active, which raises the hope that the mount could indeed change tracking on the fly.

Why do I want to do this? It's because of my mount, the CEM60EC. It unfortunately has some firmware issues that make it hypersensitive to guide input, and often overshoots or fights against the guiding. Long story, those who have the mount likely follow the discussions on CN. But the point is, without guiding the encoders do extremely well. But (too) often there's a drift in RA, which of course causes guiding pulses to occur :o
So I'm usually adapting the tracking rate to compensate the drift, and it would really be cool if I could at some point do that without having to pause the sequence until guiding has settled again after the 'kick'....
4 years 8 months ago #41524

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds