INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Latest INDI build and ASI cameras: Hickups

• Thank you received: 133
I compiled latest git of INDI (1.8.0-30_gefbca51e) and kstars (3.3.4-686_g0e9825067) yesterday, but when using it with my ASI1600 I had problems with the connection(?).
I could connect, take some image in the capture tab, but when I switched to INDI control panel and wanted to set camera temperature, the camera wouldn't respond anymore. I disconnected from INDI and restarted the server, but in the next round, after init and focusing, when I tried to sync the mount in Align again no more connection.
After I had a third encounter of this type I went back to the previous INDI (1.8.0-16_g4d9b178d), with that no more issues.
4 years 7 months ago #41998

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
I have an ASI1600mm Pro + ASI290mm guiding. I have the last version of INDI too:

Here's the git log :
commit c9d909eaef7b6d66a583604f5b69cc193640c08b (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: Jasem Mutlaq <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: Mon Aug 12 23:56:56 2019 +0300

I'm using it right now to create a new set of dark frames. Everything works fine.

- Marc
4 years 7 months ago #42019

Thanks Marc!
Yes, the report probably was a false alarm. I've just recompiled with todays updates, and at the moment the camera seems to run flawlessly. But it's still daylight, so I can't really test focus/align stuff....
4 years 7 months ago #42020

Now it's dead again, after running autofocus. Starting an exposure it just shows the spinning icon, but no message :( Even 'disconnect' in the INDI control tab seems not to work. I had to disconnect and terminate the indiserver.
Just restarted everything, including debug. Ran autofocus, which did nonsense (it never went past the minimum, likely not even was close, but continued to go forth and back in the slope...)
So I stopped AF, wanted to restart - camera doesn't respond anymore.

Log is attached, but I couldn't see much in there. Maybe someone else does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 7 months ago #42027
Attachments:

And again. This time I used only capture module. First a single exposure, then I used the continuous update. After a while I stopped it, after that camera is gone. So it's not the AF, but seemingly the fast/continuous readout?

Edit: The system log is full of usb reset messages,
Aug 13 21:54:58 astro1 kernel: usb 2-4: reset SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd

usb 2-4 is the ASI1600.

Edit2: No, those I also get with the 1.8.0-16_g4d9b178d version, one for each started exposure.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
4 years 7 months ago #42028

• Thank you received: 165
Yup, there's definitely something wrong with the current head, as compiling version from just before the C++ std::thread changes works fine, but current head gets stuck quite easily during autofocus with my ASI178MC. I thought at first that disabling subframing would have helped, but that was not the case after all, it just took a bit longer to hand. Have to debug that later, busy imaging tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
4 years 7 months ago #42030

Thanks for the confirmation! And the promise to look at it ;)
Clear Skies for tonight!
4 years 7 months ago #42032

I believe I found and fixed the issue. Please git pull and retest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jarno Paananen
4 years 7 months ago #42044

Yes, seems to help. I tried the method from yesterday, running frame looping in capture, and stop it. Several times, with different exposure times. No hang, next exposure works as expected :)
I'll also test again with the autofocus next night session, but that won't be before saturday...

(where is the thumb-up emoticon!?) :P
4 years 7 months ago #42047

Time to create page: 1.352 seconds