INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Guiding Module/PHD and Dithering

• Thank you received: 9
A weird thing keeps happening... I connect PHD to Ekos and start calibration/guiding with PHD but for some reason the Ekos module just says it's calibrated. It shows RMS numbers but the graph doesn't seem to show movements. I have to either press "Stop" and then "Guide" in Ekos to get Ekos to connect to PHD properly. This wouldn't be an issue if dithering was working but that's the problem. This is the only way to get dithering to work. I've used PHD and Ekos together plenty of times without this issue but as soon as I started using 3.3.6 it's been happening. Any ideas as to why or how to prevent this from happening? Thanks! -Wes
4 years 6 months ago #44201

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Someone had made some changes to Ekos's PHD2 support in order to improve the way some things worked, unfortunately, it broke some other things that were pretty important.

So about a week ago, I took on the project of fixing it. I spent a large amount of time fixing those issues, and then I went ahead and added bunch more functionality.

The changes were pushed to the Git repository about a day ago. Can you check one of the latest builds to see if it is fixed in the new version? Are you using Windows, Mac, or Linux?
4 years 6 months ago #44202

Would love to check it out tonight. Should be clear here. I'm using RPI4 with StellarMate. If you can briefly tell me how to download the latest build on StellarMate (RPI4) I'd be happy to test it.
4 years 6 months ago #44204

• Thank you received: 812
Jasem put instructions on this page:

indilib.org/download.html
4 years 6 months ago #44211

• Thank you received: 226
This is exactly why I keep a backup memory card of stable and hitch free state. Any updates are installed on a secondary memory card on a trial basis until satisfied with performance.
4 years 6 months ago #44222

I still don't understand how to get nightly builds. I'm running a RPI4 with KDE and tried to use the Ubuntu instructions but that didn't work.
4 years 6 months ago #44433

• Thank you received: 420
Can you clarify what you did exactly and in what way that didn't work?

Wouter
4 years 6 months ago #44451

I used " sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly " and received a message saying something to the effect of "Command not found".
4 years 6 months ago #44463

• Thank you received: 2
Hi ...
you have to install the package "software-properties-common" via "sudo apt-get install software-properties-common".

Regards,
4 years 6 months ago #44588

Time to create page: 0.801 seconds