INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Observatory | graph display of sensor data

• Thank you received: 370
git clone git://github.com/sterne-jaeger/kstars.git
cd kstars
git checkout observatory_sensor_graphs
4 years 5 months ago #44520

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42
Wolfgang,

That helped.
I'm not seeing anything wrong here in my setup after running it overnight. It is an interesting display the way it adjusts with time and temperature. The Observatory information is matching the values seen from the Vantage driver. It is responsive to the unsafe status returned from the Weather Safety Proxy driver's curl requests and external park/unpark requests to the roll off roof driver. Looks good.

/Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
4 years 5 months ago #44540
Attachments:

I have lost track of when this was first noticed but at startup the observatory always shows the roof as open. The rolloff roof status and switches do not agree. Also the graph is no longer appearing.
Has there been any interface requirement change for a rolloff roof? I just did a rebuild of mine but it didn't help.
Thanks
Tom
4 years 4 months ago #45536
Attachments:

At least nothing intentionally changed. Log files would be helpful.
4 years 4 months ago #45546

This log is from when it was raining.

Edit

I tried using all simulators and got the same Opened status. Then tried on a different system that is not used, again with all simulators and there the Observatory reported Closed status. So perhaps I have somehow picked up the wrong Dome or Observatory code on my normal system switching between installing packages and doing local builds. I will look into that over the weekend. Neither simulator tests showed the Observatory graph.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by wotalota. Reason: extra info
4 years 4 months ago #45551
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 139
This is nice, I've tested it with my MBox Meteostaiton. The MBox software displays all sensors in a single graph (on the PC). Is this possible? Then have a check box next to each thing being graphed to turn them on or off. I love this tab, but hate that dome (especially if you don't have one) takes up such a large spot. What if weather took up the top 2/3 and dome was in a line across the bottom 1/3?
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Andrew Burwell.
4 years 4 months ago #45553

A quick check of the log file showed me two things:
  1. KStars reports being version 3.3.6. Please switch to the latest master, which should be 3.3.7
  2. It seems like your observatory is recognised as dome and not as rolloff roof. You can see this in this log entry:
    [2019-11-07T18:15:55.356 EST INFO ][org.kde.kstars.ekos.observatory] - "Parking dome..."
Could you please switch to the latest version and check whether your dome claims that it can neither absolutely nor relatively move? Sorry, the latter is not a good idea, but that's currently the situation in INDI. Here is the code snippet:
bool Dome::isRolloffRoof()
{
    // a rolloff roof is a dome that can move neither absolutely nor relatively
    return (currentDome && !currentDome->canAbsMove() && !currentDome->canRelMove());
}

HTH
Wolfgang
4 years 4 months ago #45560

Thanks Wolfgang

I'm on Fedora and run update most days - 3.3.7 just became available this morning. Installing it fixed the graph display.

root@chai tg]# dnf list --installed kstars-bleeding
Installed Packages
kstars-bleeding.x86_64 3.3.6-2.18 @lupinix-indi-bleeding
[root@chai tg]# dnf update --best --allowerasing
Last metadata expiration check: 0:05:18 ago on Fri 08 Nov 2019 09:54:29 AM EST.
Dependencies resolved.
================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================================================
Upgrading:
kstars-bleeding x86_64 3.3.7-2.1 lupinix-indi-bleeding 32 M

Upgraded:
kstars-bleeding-3.3.7-2.1.x86_64

On the Dome::isRolloffRoof() check it supposedly should succeed. The only call I find is capability being set as per the rolloff simulator.

RollOffIno::RollOffIno()
{
SetDomeCapability(DOME_CAN_ABORT | DOME_CAN_PARK);
}
4 years 4 months ago #45578

Where can isRolloffRoof() be found. After git clone github.com/indilib/indi.git
I don't find it in indidome.cpp
4 years 4 months ago #45582

That's part of kstars, not of Indi. I checked it with the RoofSimulator. There opening and closing as well as parking/unparking works well. Did you test it with the latest versions?

One thing that is not possible with the current INDI implementation: the "unparked" state does not guarantee that the roof is fully open. As soon as opening has started, the status is "unparked".

Wolfgang
4 years 4 months ago #45584

Yes,, using the roof simulator works on my laptop but not on the observatory machine. Same OS and supposed to be the same KStar and INDI version. But they obviously differ in some way and I will try and track that down.
Thanks
4 years 4 months ago #45585

So either the INDI or the kstars version is different. Have you tried it crossover, i.e. kstars one one computer and INDI on the other?
4 years 4 months ago #45589

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds