INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Communicating with HID devices

INDI uses libusb to communicate with HID devices. Under linux, we're using hid_libusb here: github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/libs/indibase/hid_libusb.c

However, I don't recall getting any successful communication with HID devices under Linux. I was troubleshooting EFS focuser recently and found out that hid_read times out all the time.

Anyone has any ideas what could be the reason for this? anyone has drivers using HID libusb above working with Linux?
4 years 5 months ago #44590

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27

Replied by PDB on topic Communicating with HID devices

Hello Jasem,

isn't the SX filterwheel using this? For me that worlks better than the windows version of the filterwheel (which always ends up in error and SX can't provide a solution for that) So I switched my W10 pc to a remote dual boot system (took some effort) and now running the filterwheel without problems. (At least I think, weather has not permitted real testing, but I get no errors and fw spins whenever it is needed. Still need the W10 for solar because Linux USB is not fast enough for high framerates, otherwhise W10 woul have gone to the scrapyard already long time.

Paul
4 years 5 months ago #44593

• Thank you received: 165
Yes, SX USB filter wheel I have uses it and works fine. I also made a driver for a home grown power switch/distribution box (github.com/jpaana/indi-komahub) that uses Teensy MCU in HID mode. I remember it was quite particular that the reads and writes are of correct length, but other that that it worked quite easily once I remembered to add udev rule to give myself permission to use it :)
4 years 5 months ago #44601

Ok, I'm having trouble communicating with Starlight EFS.. maybe it's another reason.
4 years 5 months ago #44635

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds