INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indiduino MeteoStation (updated hardware and firmware)

• Thank you received: 370
I think updating the documentation is top priority, but it should not be too complicated. Maybe you have the chance to update the Arduino part. I think the Trinket Pro isn't the best choice, since it needs an additional FTDI chip for USB connection. Understanding this took me a while, since it was my first Arduino project. Using an Arduino Nano or a Arduino Pro Mini is a lot easier, since they bring a full fledged USB Serial interface.

Just one hint: with your change the HTML code needs an update as well to show the SQM values.

Regarding the code change: I have an idea how it could work. We could build an INDI driver on top of the current firmware making part of it superfluous. When I find some time, I'll make a suggestion.

I sent you a PM here in the forum so that we can exchange our ideas without discussing everything here in all details.

Wolfgang
4 years 3 months ago #46544

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 54
I will try to make the documentation as simple as possible and, as you suggest, document the Arduino part as well as the firmware. As you mention, an Arduino (e.g. Arduino Nano) with USB connection would be easier to use for most but as I was using the 3D printed enclosure as presented by Magnus Eriksen in indilib.org/support/tutorials/177-howto-...station.html?start=2 , I used an Arduino Pro Mini that is small enough to fit in the 3D printed enclosure but do not have a USB connection. I use a USB to FTDI cable to connect. Different enclosures may be more adequate for larger Arduino parts.

From a system I found on the web, I have a prototype ESP8266 based WiFi weather station that provides daily weather logs in csv format as well as in HTML format but I do not have an INDI driver for it. Its meant to be autonomous and solar powered. If major modifications are made from the original MeteoStation, we could look into writing an INDI driver for it.

Anyway, a lot to think about and, depending on people's interest, it may direct our choices.

Gilles
4 years 3 months ago #46585

• Thank you received: 15
Hi,

I am building this mySQMPRO controller which also contain BME280 and ir sensor which I can connect via INDI SQM. But when I try connect it using INDIduino meteostation SQM, it failed. Just quietly disconnected.

Hope you can help.

Regards,
Tom
4 years 3 months ago #46600

If you tried using the INDIduino MeteoStation SQM driver with the mySQMPRO firmware, it won't work as interaction between the driver and firmware will be different. INDIduino MeteoStation (legacy or SQM) are based on the Firmata firmware and, as such, you need to flash your Arduino with the INDIduino MeteoStation firmware found in the 3rdparty branch of the INDI software. More specifically in ".../indi/3rdparty/indi-duino/devices/Firmwares/indiduinoMETEO/indiduinoMETEO.ino".

If you want to give it a try, do not forget to uncomment the appropriate #define for your sensors, and comment those that you don't use, in indiduinoMETEO.ino.

Sincerely,
Gilles
4 years 3 months ago #46601

• Thank you received: 0
Hello. I had working the Arduino MteoStation with all sensors, TSL2992, DHT22, MLX90614 and TSL2095 before the last updates. Now I receive RAW data correctly buth EKOS show Clouds(%), Temperatura(C) and Sky Temp(c) = 0. Anyone have the same behaviour?
4 years 2 months ago #47672
Attachments:

I tested mine (updated firmware, with TSL2591, MLX90614 and BME280) with release 3.3.8 as well as 3.3.9 and everything is fine.

In your post, you mention TSL2992 and TSL2095 as sensors being used in your MeteoStation. As those sensors are not used in the Indiduino MeteoStation firmware, I did a Google search on them but Google did not return anything on those so I wonder what types of sensors they are.

I am currently fighting the end of a Holidays unsolicited gift, AKA a cold, but I will try to look at the firmware and xml files soon,just in case.
4 years 2 months ago #47689

Sorry, the sensors are BME280, MLX90614, TSL2591 and DHT22, and now are working correctly. I was testing the board ESP8266 and I changed the code of meteostation.ino, now after localize the wrong parameter all is fine.
4 years 2 months ago #47690

Good to read that all is OK now. Note that if you are using the BME280 (not BMP280), you do not need the DHT22 sensor as the BME provides the humidity value.

As the Holidays are behind us now, I will be able to look into updating the documentation to reflect the recent changes.

Regards.
4 years 2 months ago #47691

Hey!

I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share your code (both XML and driver) with me - I've been playing with the StandardFirmata and the various indiduino example XMLs, and I've been able to write my own config XML such that I can drive a few relays, create a few PWM signals, and read a few microswitches, but I'm struggling to integrate anything else, such as e.g an I2C device. The documentation I generally find on anything indiduino is - at best - fairly rudimentary and usually shows the sort of minimal thing you can do. I'm looking for a more versatile driver where I can choose for each pin between input, output, PWM, servo (if that's different than pwm), I2C, onewire, and possibly even more. There's a sort of universal one for the raspberrypi/indi-3rd-party/indi-pi-gpio where you can program up to 5 devices like that (for use on the pi, not on the arduino, of course), and I was looking at increasing it to 9, but as soon as I did that ("static const int n_gpio_pin = 5; -> 9") and built the driver, the indi device crashed, and returning it back to 5 devices and rebuilding the driver didn't fix that crash, so I'm sort of at a loss. So, your meteostation has a lot of different sensors, some on I2C, some perhaps just analogue 0-5V, some onewire even ? I'm keen to learn a bit more about this.

O.

2 years 9 months ago #71782

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds