INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Feedback my new stretch scheme

• Thank you received: 559
For those of you who are interested and can download diffs and compile/run them, I have a PR at phabricator.kde.org/D25318 and wanted to know if you had any feedback. It's a new approach to stretching images in fitsviewer.

Bottom line, if you have the auto-stretch option checked, then your images with be stretched using the scheme described in section 8.5.6 and 8.5.7 of pixinsight.com/doc/docs/XISF-1.0-spec/XISF-1.0-spec.html
This scheme is a bit different than the current stretching scheme, and I believe gives better results.

You can click the 'toggle stretch' icon in either fitsviewer, or on the floating bar of the fitsviews and turn off or back on the stretching. Previously, there was no way to un-stretch an image in fitsviewer.

If auto-stretch is not set, the fits views will display their image as-is (unstretched). However, you can then stretch (and unstretch) them by clicking those same "toggle auto stretch" buttons.

Stretching is just for display, there is are no changes made to the actual images.

Code compiled with optimization runs pretty quickly for me on a RPi4, with either monochrome (<.1s for the actual stretch--more like 1-2s for everything that needs to happen to display an image) or color images (.3s for the stretch). Of course, color images need auto-debayer to be set in order to see their stretched color.

Please let me know if you have any feedback,
Hy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom
4 years 4 months ago #45889

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds