INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI support for PrimaluceLab ESATTO 2" MotorFocuser

• Thank you received: 38
Ok. I have tested all night, and found the following:

The backlash calibration procedure:

It is a great idea, however it is kind of cumbersome to use. If you use large step sizes in KSTARS for focus, it is difficult to detect the position at which backlash has ended. Plus atmospheric changes cause small changes in HFR readings to be reliable as a backlash detection method.

I use the graph created when doing an autofocus on K-Stars to look for the position you would expect to see the reverse function go to position and try and come up with a number that makes it stay within the predicted path.

I would recommend using a textbox to allow the user to fill in the backlash value.

The INDI driver moves the focuser to the target position plus the backlash offset. So the final Absolute position is target position +(-) backlash offset. This is not ideal.

I believe this is a limitation of the Esatto not having a proper backlash function.

To work around this the driver should re-sync the absolute position with the backlash offset, and then the driver should go to the target as expected. This scenario should work well.
2 years 7 months ago #74946

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Oh the temps are now properly setup. Motor temp is actually the motor temp and the outside temp should work fine.
2 years 7 months ago #74947

• Thank you received: 155
Thanks! Now, how do I add that new driver to my existing system?
2 years 7 months ago #74962

Well you can download his forked distribution and then compile it on your Raspberry Pi.

Otherwise you would have to wait until it is added to the repository and you can do an APT update command.

Do you have experience with Linux?
2 years 7 months ago #74963

• Thank you received: 155
I am not a Linux programmer, but I can follow directions and type commends. That's it.
2 years 7 months ago #74965

Ok, so I finished testing the new driver and it is now applied to the GITHUB for INDI.

So, a couple of questions:

1 - Is your setup using a Raspberry Pi or Ubuntu remotely to control you setup?

2 - Do you have SSH installed and tuned on?

3 - Do you have access to root and it's password?

If you have these you can build / install from GITHUB. It sounds scary, but it's not at all. I can help you get it installed if you need help.

github.com/indilib/indi

Let me know.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Sonny Cavazos.
2 years 6 months ago #75068

• Thank you received: 29
Hi everyone,

Wanted to ask the following: this focuser can be accessed via wifi - probably I should know but can I connect the focuser to EKOS also via wifi (instead of usb cable)?

Many thanks, Helge
1 year 8 months ago #83969

• Thank you received: 69
No, I don't believe the INDI driver supports Wifi connection.

The Wifi connection is only there for the Web server on the device, and Primalucelab have not published any API to go with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Helge
1 year 8 months ago #83971

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds