INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Snooping issues, paches to 1.8.3

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

for me, a few things in the indi package does not work as desired (I already reported some of the issues in the past) and I therefore use a patched version. I attached these patches for the latest version. Maybe some one wants to apply them to the main repository.

Changes are:
  • Camera drivers now support snooping from J2000 coordinates. In practice telescopes are usually synced to J2000 coordinates (I cant imagine a situation where mount is synced to EOD coordinates). My software therefore correctly uses the 'EQUATORIAL_COORD' property. The patch now also snoops this coordinates and prefers them if both kinds are delivered. (If libindi converts EOD to J2000, the difference seem to be quite large, a few arcmin. I'm not sure whether this is correct.)
  • The EOD -> J2000 conversion now moved to 'addFITSKeywords()' and thus updated per image if the loop capture function is used (enabled to, I make heavy use of it)
  • Names of the driver I use are now script compatible and unique if possible (I use indi_getprop and indi_setprop for device control)

Regards Stefan
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by stefanz.
4 years 2 months ago #47848
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds